JLindland83

Outfitters that guide in 24B?

Hello everyone,

I’m a long time upland and waterfowl hunter (approx 10 years) who just got drawn for my first whitetail rifle tag in 24B this year. I have little to no experience with big game hunting. Does anyone know of a reputable guide that operates in 24B? 

I have decent backpacking and mountaineering experience (I work in the outdoor industry) and have reasonable fitness. I also shoot regularly with my rifle on the target range. I’m just looking to learn the ropes and gain some knowledge so I can start being more self sufficient in this discipline. I’ve thought about doing a solo DIY hunt too, but felt that one season with a guide would be more beneficial. 

Thanks in advance! 

Jim 

Jim,

I don't know 24B, but I would be willing to talk with you or take you out a few times to show you how to hunt.  A few scouting trips with a couple of experienced hunters will give you plenty of knowledge to be able to hunt on your own.  There is nothing wrong with going on a guided hunt, but it's expensive!  You can gain similar experience during scouting/hunting with normal guys.  There's also LOTS of YouTube video's that give you plenty of information on how to start hunting in Arizona!!! 

If your interested PM me.

Adam

• Like 4

Anybody that fishes for cats is a normal guy.  24b experienced hunters not so much.  This year should be a piece of cake, look in the burned areas.  And, look down for GOLD.  😆

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

From my experience with hunting after fires (chediski and wallow). Whoever has a 24b tag will see bucks that I never knew existed in the unit

• Like 3

I’m excited to see what the fire did to 24b a lot of it was overgrown and super thick. Have high hopes it will be a good tag this year if not the next few should be great with new growth.