Sign in to follow this  
Nikki.AWHounds

Lost hound. Snowflake AZ

Good luck.  I lost one of my guys when he was only about 18 months old for a day.  I was heartbroken and going nuts.  Got lucky after 8 hours, and he was waiting where I had parked my truck originally before driving around to look for him.  

2 hours ago, lancetkenyon said:

Good luck.  I lost one of my guys when he was only about 18 months old for a day.  I was heartbroken and going nuts.  Got lucky after 8 hours, and he was waiting where I had parked my truck originally before driving around to look for him.  

Thanks. I dont get super worried when they run off in the woods. But in town is a different game. Last year we took 5 dogs to the woods with us to go get our horse panels. My dog had collars on but my buddies dogs didnt. His best dog took off. Was convinced we would never see him again cuz hes the type to go start a track and he will NOT leave it. I got up and took my pack with me and got them barking and going crazy to try and pull him. Lady called me saying he was tied at her camp which was 10 miles from where we lost him. I got 2 miles from her camp and there he is, running down the road dragging about 50 feet of rope behind him 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I loaded him up and took her rope to her and she was in a panic trying to find him. Got 2 miles the other direction from her camp and a wolf ran across the road in front of me. My buddy learned a good lesson. If you're in the woods and the dogs are there, put their trackers on. I usually get super lucky finding them. Only had 1 that ran off and never saw again. 

• Like 1

I almost lost a 7 week old on a shed hunt walk. Big dogs burned out of the country and I took off running after them and got 3 canyons away and realized the one pup was not there. Gathered the old dogs up and that pup was barking every breath trailing me out 🤣🤣 he got a free ride in the pack on the way back to the truck after that. 

• Like 1

Few years back, my lab peeled out on me after i shot a coyote while scouting. Finished what I needed to do, about 2 hours later, he was waiting in the shade of the ranger for me.