Sign in to follow this  
BIGAZHUNTER14

6b muleys

Got a muzzleloader muley tag and wanna see any and all bucks taken in 6b. Archery rifle or ML. Hardly hunted 6b but looking forward to it. Never killed anything with a muzzleloader and want to kill something before I start the wait on  my strip tag. Thanks

pic of my whitey spot and stalk last August not in 6b.

16D1FC12-0F41-4F14-B9BD-DEE9FA00F1D5.jpeg

Good luck with that.  For muleys hardly and glassing. Tough hunt for anything decent

I saw a stud 4x4walk across the road heading to sycamore canyon. A few years ago. We were going hiking but it was during the ml hunt right after first light on Saturday morning 

The muzzy hunt is any antlered. So you can get coues or a muley

5 minutes ago, Explorer said:

The muzzy hunt is any antlered. So you can get coues or a muley

Completely overlooked any antlered. Was too excited to pull out the .54 cal. Thanks

Ya we have hunted 6b the last 3 years with various tags and it's been really really tough. We backpacked and do base camps and really put the effort into it. So far only one cow elk came from about 10 days of scouting and over 20 days of hunting pretty hard. I did have a really young mule deer at 75 yards on last years muzzy hunt but passed and I regret that a little. You really have to know the unit well for it to be productive. Do a ton of scouting and work hard , there are deer there but the majority are going to be in thick nasty stuff and hard to hunt. We saw more whitetail than mule deer. 

4 minutes ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

Ya we have hunted 6b the last 3 years with various tags and it's been really really tough. We backpacked and do base camps and really put the effort into it. So far only one cow elk came from about 10 days of scouting and over 20 days of hunting pretty hard. I did have a really young mule deer at 75 yards on last years muzzy hunt but passed and I regret that a little. You really have to know the unit well for it to be productive. Do a ton of scouting and work hard , there are deer there but the majority are going to be in thick nasty stuff and hard to hunt. We saw more whitetail than mule deer. 

It’s any antlered deer but won’t take a whitey smaller than my archery buck in the pic. I can fall back on archery otc in December. Not in 6b though. I love scouting and seeing what’s out and about. Finding my own honey holes. It will be a blast walking around with a ml. 

On 7/9/2019 at 9:23 PM, Garryett said:

Unit has severely declined in the past 4 years... 

Lack of decent rain has been a problem.

Its not lack of rain, its the abundance of elk. More elk there now than used to be, and for some reason there are less mule deer. there are plenty of deer to choose from, just got to be the first hunter to them. the good spots get hunted hard especially by the people that live close to the unit. its easy to scout for any flagstaff, Williams, Sedona, camp verde, cotton wood, Clarkdale and even Jerome residents.

Too many cliffs in 6B. Find tons of dead deer under these after getting ambushed by cats and bears. They are forced to walk by these to get to any winter range in that unit or cross 89A into 6A and take the long way down full of coyotes. 

I'd look below the rim for a good muley. Lots of areas to hike into. A few wilderness areas to choose from. Believe that tag is "any antlered" seen some dandies both coues and muley. But they are far and few between. Can be a great hunt if you put in the work.