GreyGhost85

Best 12x50’s (Not Swarovski)

I’m thinking a pair of 12x50’s will be the best compliment to the BTX. Looking at Meopta but the 12.5x50 GPO binoculars have peaked my interest. Has anyone looked through them? I know the swaro purists will argue but i am not willing to spend $2500 on them right now. 

Meopta HD get my vote for 2nd place, I haven’t hunted with the GPO but I have compared them side by side with my Swaros when they first came out at Outdoorsmans, my backup/wife’s pair are the 12x50 meopta(cabelas). They are very good! Vortex doesn’t even come close.  My wife prefers the Meopta over Swaro, not that she has tons of experience but when she looks through them side by side she says the Meoptas are brighter and clearer.  

• Like 3

The Meostars really are as good as folks say. As close to an SLC as you can get

• Like 3

Never had a pair in my hand, but I'd be curious about a set of Mavens. Their 11x45 B.2's are $1100, and they have a demo program that can save you some $$

• Like 1

I got a pair of the Maven b4 12x56 and the GPO 12.5x50 this spring and am going to use them this hunting season to see what ones I am keeping.  I had Zeiss 15x56 for the last several years also had 12x50 razors for a year.  On backpack trips want to go with 12s. I am going after work Friday and glassing with the Mavens and GPOs till dark.  It will be the first time I have had them on tripods side by side. I will let you know what I think.

• Like 2

Zeiss for me but you already know that, still working great.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Zeiss for me but you already know that, still working great.

I had no complaints with the Zeiss. I think they are the best bang for the buck in 15s.  If they made a 12x50 or 56 I would more than likely still be glassing with Zeiss.  Great binos 

• Like 1

Thanks Shawn. Looking forward to your review. I love my zeiss 15’s as well. Just looking to downsize. Wish zeiss made a 12x50

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

I had no complaints with the Zeiss. I think they are the best bang for the buck in 15s.  If they made a 12x50 or 56 I would more than likely still be glassing with Zeiss.  Great binos 

Go to the 20x60 image stabilizing Zeiss.

1 hour ago, wildwoody said:

I do have "Image stabilizing" its called a tripod 😃

• Like 1

18 hours ago, wildwoody said:

How small is the FOV? I have some 20x80's and it is pretty narrow.

I'm not sure, my rich cousin bought a pair for $6200 far an Antelope hunt in Wyoming, they were amazing in 60 mph wind with no tripod, and my 15s on a tripod sucked. Nobody has used them since.