GreyGhost85

Best 12x50’s (Not Swarovski)

Meopta Meostar.  I absolutely love my 10x42s, 15x56s, and S2 20-70×82 spotter..  Thousands of hours behind them.  Never any eye fatigue, color to me is better than Swaro, clarity for 90% of the FOV on par with Swaro.  The outer 5% is where Swaro wins.  

• Like 2

I’m leaning hard towards meopta. I have the same S2 20-70x82mm spotter and absolutely love it. It will also be for sale soon, unfortunately

• Like 1

You probably already know my vote. Meopta fanboy right here. Get ready to glass up more animals by going to the 12's!  Unfortunately you'll maybe miss out on slightly more bedded animals if you leave the 15's but I think it will be negligible. Carrying only one pair of binos is awesome though. Screw having a pair of 15's in my pack on top of all the other heavy crap in there. 

• Like 1

I’m also a big fan of meopta glass. But I do think it’s worth looking at the gpo too. I only used them looking down the street at gila outdoor but I thought they were very good and I love how sleek and light they are but still quality made. 

I took the GPO and Mavens out for a few hours last night.  Was impressed with them both.  Could not tell much of a difference with brightness or color.  Once the rain starts greening things up maybe then.  The GPO feel great and it takes about 10 seconds after putting them on the tripod and they are right there. The Mavens take a little bet longer.  Eye caps on the Mavens are a little to big for me but I have a big nose.  The eye caps on the GPOs are awesome.   

• Like 1

From one fellow Coues hunter to another have you ever considered the Zeiss Victory HT? I have the 10x42 and have done 2 Coues hunts in Mexico with them. These binos have been phenomenal. The HT glass is the brightest fluoride glass in the world, 2-3% brighter than the Swaro ELs and the Zeiss Victory SF, both of which are incredible glass. It certainly makes a difference in low light. I also absolutely love the focus wheel, eye pieces and functionality of the binos. They are awesome both on and off a tripod. 

I'm going to be posting mine for sale in the very near future. I didn't think I would ever sell them, but I'm going to bite the bullet and buy the new Zeiss Victory rangefinding binos, which uses the same FL glass and design as the Victory HT. The Victory HT 10x42 retail $2,499. I'll be listing them for $1400 shipped TYD. I completely understand if this doesn't interest you. Best of luck in the upcoming hunting season. 

24 minutes ago, Bjorn16 said:

From one fellow Coues hunter to another have you ever considered the Zeiss Victory HT? I have the 10x42 and have done 2 Coues hunts in Mexico with them. These binos have been phenomenal. The HT glass is the brightest fluoride glass in the world, 2-3% brighter than the Swaro ELs and the Zeiss Victory SF, both of which are incredible glass. It certainly makes a difference in low light. I also absolutely love the focus wheel, eye pieces and functionality of the binos. They are awesome both on and off a tripod. 

I'm going to be posting mine for sale in the very near future. I didn't think I would ever sell them, but I'm going to bite the bullet and buy the new Zeiss Victory rangefinding binos, which uses the same FL glass and design as the Victory HT. The Victory HT 10x42 retail $2,499. I'll be listing them for $1400 shipped TYD. I completely understand if this doesn't interest you. Best of luck in the upcoming hunting season. 

I have the 10x56 fl’s and love them! To my eyes the glass is clearer and crisper than my swaro 15Hd’s

20 hours ago, muledeerarea33? said:

I have the 10x56 fl’s and love them! To my eyes the glass is clearer and crisper than my swaro 15Hd’s

That's a good way to go man, those are incredibly bright. 

I am huge fan of Meopta/Cabela's Euro HD 12x50... I have them in 10, 12, 15 but 12's my favorite by far. I did just get a set of Vortex Razor UHD 18x56 and now I sure am curious about the Razor UHD 12x50. 🤔