Coues Archer

New muzzleloader... Need help!!!

48 minutes ago, Coues Archer said:

So I received my Remington 700 U.M.L. and I fed 200 grains of 777 with a 250gr accutip and out of the box I achieved a sub MOA 3 shot group at 100 yards. I also went 3 for 3 at the 330 yard gong. Long story short... stock Remington 700 U.M.L. although pricey is worth every penny in my opinion. An absolute tack driver!!!! Thanks for all the input guys. Maybe down the road I might convert to blackhorn 209 but if I’m achieving this accuracy there’s literally no reason to change as of right now.

Good call and good thinking!!  

• Like 1

So how brutal is the recoil out of that beast with 200 gr.s of powder?  My old  Knight hurts with a 150 max charge.   Fortunately, its good for tight groups with 100 grains so I dont feel the need to abuse myself.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NOTAGS said:

So how brutal is the recoil out of that beast with 200 gr.s of powder?  My old  Knight hurts with a 150 max charge.   Fortunately, its good for tight groups with 100 grains so I dont feel the need to abue myself.

Dude it kicks like a dang mule lmao! I can handle it and still shoot accurately but it’s definitely up there with a 300 win mag😂