Sign in to follow this  
azruger

Youth tags 33

51 minutes ago, TexasHunter said:

I would agree if it was my kids tag its most likely not the place I would hunt either. When I was bow hunting there a few years ago there was people everywhere it was insane. We had 2 guys in a truck follow us around until we found a decent buck to put a stalk on. They than hauled butt to get down the road to the bottom and tried to go after the same buck from the bottom with the wind blowing up the hill. Than when they busted the deer we went to another hill to glass and 20 minutes later here comes the same truck parked just down the road from us sitting there waiting for us to make a move on something. 

The first time I ever bow hunter there  was 10 or 15 years ago in the first week of Jan. I meet some family down there. I remember the sun coming up and being disappointed be cause it was just desert and I was missing my juniper honey hole rut center in 19a. 

About 30mins later I realized there were hundreds of does with bucks running wild. 

Things have changed down there for sure. 

On 7/13/2019 at 7:38 AM, Roosevelt Mark said:

Biosphere.

Isnt area around Biosphere "Archery Only"???  At least it was posted as such by game and fish for last few years...

On 7/15/2019 at 11:16 AM, Hunt30b said:

Down in the southern part of the unit you can access foothills of the rincons off of the j6 ranch Rd.....just before the railroad tracks. Open country....very glassable

Lots of homes just before the tracks. 

On 7/16/2019 at 8:52 PM, 520HUNT said:

Isnt area around Biosphere "Archery Only"???  At least it was posted as such by game and fish for last few years...

There is a perimeter. 

You can rifle hunt near but you’d better make sure of the boundaries.