bonecollector

Raffle bull

The raffle tag owner still had to hire a guide, so yes, break out the checkbook.  

Although, if I was fortunate enough to win the Super Raffle Tag, I would probably hire a guide too.

• Like 2

Hey guys I’m a new member to this forum so I drew a bill tag late November threw December in unit 4B first time ever drawing a bull always hunted Coues in southern Az I’m looking for tips I don’t want your guys good spots or nothing just some guidance. I’ve been researching and asking questions all I’ve gotten is that it’s gonna be a hard hunt thanks for your guys help 

4 minutes ago, Reming700 said:

Ok you think if I see bulls in late September when I go up there they will be  around that area in late November?

Not likely 

1 hour ago, Reming700 said:

Ok you think if I see bulls in late September when I go up there they will be  around that area in late November?

https://www.azgfd.com/hunting/units/pinetop/4b/

read the unit info on game and fish website.

I find most of the time they are spot on with starting points and helpful tips.

scouting the areas to learn roads, terrain, ect. will be a must so you're not wondering aimlessly.

good luck!

james

That time of year can be dry or 2' of snow so be prepared. It's a good tag to have. With monsoon rains hitting the rim country now would be a great time to get up there and get familiar with the unit and find potential places to camp.

Don't let the idea of seeing bulls now but they won't be there in November dissuade you.  I see bulls up high every year in other units, exactly where I see them through the summer.  It is HUNTING pressure that will push them.  They could still be in the same general areas, but they will be holed up in the thick, nasty, inaccessible places in the unit by end of November.

6 hours ago, Reming700 said:

Hey guys I’m a new member to this forum so I drew a bill tag late November threw December in unit 4B first time ever drawing a bull always hunted Coues in southern Az I’m looking for tips I don’t want your guys good spots or nothing just some guidance. I’ve been researching and asking questions all I’ve gotten is that it’s gonna be a hard hunt thanks for your guys help 

It will be a tough hunt.

1 hour ago, lancetkenyon said:

Don't let the idea of seeing bulls now but they won't be there in November dissuade you.  I see bulls up high every year in other units, exactly where I see them through the summer.  It is HUNTING pressure that will push them.  They could still be in the same general areas, but they will be holed up in the thick, nasty, inaccessible places in the unit by end of November.

Thanks so focus in areas that are hard to reach like deep canyons where we wouldn’t expect to see a bull 

41 minutes ago, Reming700 said:

Thanks so focus in areas that are hard to reach like deep canyons where we wouldn’t expect to see a bull 

Hate to say it but they are where you find them. Like Coues.

5 hours ago, AZBIG10 said:

Try the forest area. Look where areas where bulls are 

Not sure if he’s joking here or not but he’s actually right on the money in that unit.  Take a highlighter to your map and highlight 1 mile out on every open FS trail.   Now take another highlighter and highlight what remains.  The answer is exceptionally small in that unit.  Get the wind in your face and a scope that is at very max 3x on the bottom end and slowly walk through it.  Enough bulls in there where if you do that right in the areas I’m talking about you’ll kill one in a day.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

Hate to say it but they are where you find them. Like Coues.

So the best thing to do is glass glass and glass like I would with Coues right?