Sign in to follow this  
CaliBoy21

Unit 36c

Pulled Tag for Coues in November. First time dealing with Coues, and First time in this region. Just looking for any advice people can offer.

Also, Is there a stats book available?

All roads into this unit come off highway 286 and head west into the babos. Drive back until you can hike up into some elevation and glass. You’ll find deer.  If you’re looking for something big at that time of year find a thick thick thick hill and stare at it the whole hunt. You’d be amazed what some of those hills can hide.  

• Like 3

remember this is a public forum and 10,000 other people can read the same thing and go there...send pm on stuff like this

• Like 12

30 minutes ago, Adicted said:

remember this is a public forum and 10,000 other people can read the same thing and go there...send pm on stuff like this

Really? Is that where we are, we cannot even say what directions road come from or name a road with access?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Flatlander said:

Really? Is that where we are, we cannot even say what directions road come from or name a road with access?

I guess we shouldn’t talk about the 350+ bulls near Elkhorn Ranch either. 

• Like 1

As already stated...all the roads come in from 286 on the eastern boundary of the unit. The western boundary is reservation and the line basically runs along the top of the mountain range. I’d recommend driving past all the flats and up into the canyons for coues. The steeper the better and consider getting a lion tag too...good luck and have fun!

Stats book...look for the latest copy of Hunt Arizona on the AZGFD website. Lots of stats there for draw and success rates among other things. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flatlander said:

Few years back I said the same thing of access for 24B and you basically said it in a nice way to don’t do that 

3 hours ago, Zeke-BE said:

Few years back I said the same thing of access for 24B and you basically said it in a nice way to don’t do that 

Eh, the whole thing burned now, who cares.

• Like 1

All public roads are fair game. I’ve been down plenty of roads and passed by numerous people just to find the one hill side that works for me. That said, I’d rather people find the public roads themselves at 4am while eating a donut or tuna sandwich from circle K like a normal person!

On 7/16/2019 at 2:13 PM, Adicted said:

True, but there ain't 10,000 permits in this unit.

• Like 1