mrmlwhite

Tag Donation

Let me introduce myself as a long time follower of this great forum.  I'd like to thank all those who contribute and provide valuable insight.  It is for that reason I reach out to everyone today. I have a family member that drew 23 late bull tag this year who is not going to be able to hunt.  He'd like to surrender the tag to a charitable organization and retain his points.  As we've never been down this road before, can anyone provide me with a referral to a quality organization we can contact? Thanks! 

• Like 1

Did he point guard? Im not sure if you keep your points if it goes to a charity or not.  I forget the guys name but someone will chime in.  Hunts for heroes is a worthy cause, or something where a sick kid could use the tag.  

Yes, he purchased PointGuard. As we understand it, it has to go to a qualified nonprofit organization. We are looking for an organization that is not only qualified, but respected by the hunting community. Of course he could always just surrender it to AZGFD, but he'd like to think he helped a vet or terminally ill child with it. 

Tom Wagner Hunts for Heroes. Donated my tag to him last year. They take care of everything & send all your info to fish & game to get your points back.

Tom is awesome and does great work for vets. If you would like a child to be considered, Eddie Corona from Outdoor Experience 4 All is another option they provide experiences for both vets and kids with permanent disabilities or terminal illnesses. My son has been on the receiving end of his work and I can tell you that what these organizations do makes a huge difference.

Eddy Corona (480) 529-8340

https://www.facebook.com/oe4all/

Tom Wagner (480) 760-3868 https://www.facebook.com/HeroesRisingOutdoors/ 

• Like 4

Thanks everyone for the support! Matt and I just talked about his brother's tag and he'll be donating it to Heroes Rising Outdoors / Hunts for Heroes.

BTW, we'll be shifting our name over to Heroes Rising Outdoors as we begin to expand our outreach beyond just hunting to the veteran community here in Arizona. Same program getting wounded veterans out hunting via donated tags.

And we always welcome anyone who wants to give back in a volunteer capacity on our hunts! Just contact me: (480)760-3868 ...

Good hunting this fall!

--- Tom

• Like 4

Highly recommend Tom and his organization if anyone else find themselves in this position.  They are doing some incredible work.  With any luck, I'll be able to help give back through them, too. 

• Like 1

Hope hoghntr gets it. For all the BS we put him thru last year.

Equine therapy for veterans, partnering with fishing therapy organizations, family camping possibilities --- plus ???

Spoke to Tom yesterday, he made it so easy to transfer a 4A Bull Sept (archery) tag that a family member cannot go on.  Tom it's in the mail. 

• Like 1