Sign in to follow this  
Flatlander

Which Tires?

ditto on Discount Tires and tire warranty. I put the Pathfinder All Terrain on my F 150 - LT265/70R17. Have held up very well, a 10 ply so a bit sturdier than average 6-8lys.

good luck,

goma

I've had very good luck with the Toyo M/T's, very quite for a MT and a lot of life out of them. Been running them since 2008 with no issues on my 2500. 

I had Nittos and ran them for maybe 7 years then switched to Toyo. Nittos were a softer compound and would tear up easier off road and I got about 45-50K on my F250. Bough the Toyo's abut 3.5 years ago and have put 33K on them. They get rotated every 5K and I took them off a few weeks ago and they have about 4/32's left.

Nitto Ridge grapplers.  I have 40k on a set with atleast 10-15000 of actual good tread left.  Smooth ride, low on noise and have been good offroad.  35x12.50x18" Load rating F. on a Ram 2500.

Yeah I have to agree with nitto grapplers as well, they wear slowly and have got me in and out of some nasty 4x4ing.  Bought my truck with them already on with only about 5k driven on them.  I have put about 20k of hard driving and towing on them and still there's probably a little under half tread life left.  Only problem is a very slow leak in one of the side walls from a sharp rock, the only down side is they don't have a very aggressive side wall compared to some other ATs.

You guys with the BFG KO2’s how many miles are you getting out of those?

If you are doing a lot of sand, I would opt for wide profile unless you like airing down.  I have 75's, but 70's would be better for sand.  Currents are BFG AT.  had some Goodyear DuraTracs,, but the sidewalls were too flexible even on load range E, although I liked the tread for off pavement.  Due to the  flexing Duratrac sidewalls, the truck seemed to float/sway from side to side over the road.

For an AT I think the KO2s are best.If you don't need anything too aggressive then COPPER ATPs from discount work pretty well and get good mileage. My mpg went up too. I use those on the wife's F150.

I agree about the duratracs, their sidewalls are garbage.

I have almost 500K on my 2006 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4.  I have run several sets.  BFGs did OK.  Toyos and Nittos lasted under 40K...rubber broke down.  Hankook RF10s did the best.  On set got 90K...I kid you not.  The other was mid 70s.  Running Generals now and I like them a lot...but only have 10K on them so the jury is still out.

Had the terra grapplers, I liked them. Have the BFG now and they throw more rocks then I've ever seen compared to everything else ive had.  Once they wear down a little its not so bad but its definately annoying.