Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Bashas

2 hours ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

Do you know Allen Willis from the Chandler area? His dad had a farm where Cooper/202 exit!!!!

no.  and i'm thinkin' we didn't know any farmers.  except the family that grew the 'pick them yourself' grape vines in queen creek that came to the house on fridays for cards and some trappers i met at mesa co-op.

lee

• Like 1

I have brushed shoulders with Eddie Basha's oldest son's family... Trey, or Eddie Basha III now CEO of Basha's... and his family are awesome people. They really care about the community and fight tooth and nail to improve every aspect of life for their employees and those they run into (even if you shop at Walmart Ha-ha)...

Side note...They (the family not the Chain) are associated with a group named People Over Politics based out of Chandler... it's worth looking into! The name says it all...

Going Local: Quantifying the Economic Impacts of Buying from Locally Owned Businesses.” Garrett Martin and Amar Patel, Maine Center for Economic Policy, Dec. 2011.

On a dollar-for-dollar basis, the local economic impact of independently owned businesses is significantly greater than that of national chains, this study concludes. Analyzing data collected from 28 locally owned retail businesses... with corporate filings for a representative national chain, the researchers found that every $100 spent at locally owned businesses contributes an additional $58 to the local economy. By comparison, $100 spent at a chain store... yields just $33 in local economic impact. The study concludes that, if residents of the region were to shift 10 percent of their spending from chains to locally owned businesses, it would generate $127 million in additional local economic activity and 874 new jobs.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, biglakejake said:

no.  and i'm thinkin' we didn't know any farmers.  except the family that grew the 'pick them yourself' grape vines in queen creek that came to the house on fridays for cards and some trappers i met at mesa co-op.

lee

It is pretty amazing to think of what that south of the 60 used to look like......kinda sad in a way..................

• Like 2