Sign in to follow this  
DubTee

12BW Late Solo

Guys, I drew the 12BW Late tag and will be heading down from MN solo.  I plan on hunting the entire hunt with 1.5 days on the front end to get my bearings.  My wife is not real excited about the solo part - that being said, could someone relay some first hand experience as far as cell coverage?  I have AT&T, and their map actually shows pretty good signal in most parts, but I have also heard reception is super spotty.  I have access to a Verizon phone if that would help make a difference.  Thanks for any help here.

Take both phones.  Never hunted up in 12BW, but I have been all over the areas within 150 miles in most directions.  Reception is spotty.  But usually can get signal from most areas.  

Awesome draw, good luck on the hunt.  Don't shoot the first mature buck you see unless it is a true brute.  This is a great year to have a tag.  

• Like 1

Verizon works well in most of the unit. 

I hunted the unit last Fall and also have AT&T as my cell provider. I had service throughout the area for text and calls with no issues. Good luck on your hunt.

12bwest always had good phone service , even in the early years 90'. if you have a problem get high.

I had that same hunt last year. Both service providers work well. I have at&t and my father has Verizon. They both worked well. I also saw a ton of bucks so feel free to be picky especially if you have the entire hunt. Good luck!

Hey bro camp with us. A good friend has the tag. I know the unit really well. We have one tag in camp and several really good dudes coming up to help. I’m sure you would be welcome in our camp. 

Pm me if your interested. 

• Like 4

Thanks couesmagnet, still working out logistics  but may take you up on that.  I’ll keep you posted.

Rifle and gear are all ready, can’t wait.  Sounds like the area needs a little moisture between now and the hunt though.