Flatlander

6 - 400” bulls - Can it be done?

It will be interesting to see what happens here in AZ over the next 60 days. With banner moisture and elk that look like they have been eating out of Barry Bonds medicine cabinet the holders of the current and upcoming auction and rifle tags are all likely to be looking to punch out. So far I believe 2 of the 3 current year tag holders are punched out. Can AZ produce 4 more 400” bulls?

I have heard it said many many times that in AZ any elk unit can produce a 400” bull, if that is true this year would prove it with the potential of giant velvet bulls hitting the dirt all over the state.

It will definitely be an interesting case study.9BFEF6EC-FCAF-4DA4-9B23-3D5E1EE34E76.thumb.png.f233320600f86c858773725b383055ca.pngD11E9CDA-3652-4F5F-94EC-599213AA8929.jpeg.e0fa7a3231ccb048ebb33a0e96731ab7.jpeg

• Love 1
  • Wow! 2

Dauum, that top one is mutant like.  I'm getting more and more excited to have a late rifle tag this year.

• Like 1

Why do I feel like the top bull is giving me the finger?  This must be the elusive FU Bull that ruins all your trophy pics by flipping you off with his antlers.  I've heard the stories I just didn't believe. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

There’s usually a few real 400” bulls killed every year, so I would think this year it will be done.  

• Like 1

I’m thinking yes. It’s a year for the books for sure, kind of a perfect storm with healthy bulls going into a wet winter as spring. I somehow missed that Mullins outfitters bull. Such a cool beast! 

How many tags are there for velvet bulls, or raffle and governors tags?

I don’t think any of the 2018 elk super tags got filled. 3 to go

I am not positive but i think the season is august 15th through august 14th. 

• Like 2

The tags go from 8/15 to 8/14 of the following year.  There are 2 auction tags and 1 raffle each year.  With last year's growth being so bad none of the tag holders for 2018-2019 had killed until the last few weeks. The 2019-2020 tags start in a couple weeks so we'll likely see a few more monsters hit the dirt

• Like 3