Flatlander

6 - 400” bulls - Can it be done?

Its pretty hard to send pictures on a landline or a little more difficult to send a mass email. It seems like we heard about giant bulls months or years after they were killed unless they were in the newspaper. I know you are pot stirring but come on, social media makes it easy to all the big bulls in one spot.

• Confused 1

Yeah, I’d say we tipped the 6. And I am pretty sure there is still an auction tag out there.

1 hour ago, WHT_MTNMAN said:

Its pretty hard to send pictures on a landline or a little more difficult to send a mass email. It seems like we heard about giant bulls months or years after they were killed unless they were in the newspaper. I know you are pot stirring but come on, social media makes it easy to all the big bulls in one spot.

you said there were a few 400s in each unit before social media. I’m not stirring the pot, it’s just what you said. 

There very well could could have been years where there was more 400s than this year, that’s what I’m asking. But I don’t think social media made the bulls smaller that don’t make sense 

1 hour ago, cjl2010 said:

The gram did it 

Pretty much everyone remembers the past being better. It’s human. But there was never a time where there was a few 400s in each unit. Record books have been around for a long time 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Pretty much everyone remembers the past being better. It’s human. But there was never a time where there was a few 400s in each unit. Record books have been around for a long time 

I’m still not convinced a lot of today’s 400s are actually 400s. As @BOHNTR has mentioned a lot of those giant gov tag bulls will never be officially measured. Not that it matters as I can appreciate what goes into those hunts but dudes these days act like 350 bulls are common occurrence and I just don’t buy it.

1 minute ago, cjl2010 said:

I’m still not convinced a lot of today’s 400s are actually 400s. As @BOHNTR has mentioned a lot of those giant gov tag bulls will never be officially measured. Not that it matters as I can appreciate what goes into those hunts but dudes these days act like 350 bulls are common occurrence and I just don’t buy it.

I agree but have you seen the pics of the bulls this year they’re calling 400? Im as skeptical as anyone but there has been monsters killed this year. They might not net 400 after 60 days, but I’d believe 400 gross green 

• Like 1

Just now, trphyhntr said:

I’m agree but have you seen the pics of the bulls this year they’re calling 400? Im as skeptical as anyone but there has been monsters killed this year 

Haha ya they are pretty big. Pictures drive me crazy though. Some local guys killed a giant that went 393 and there pictures make the bull barely look 360s. But yes, those gov bulls this year particularly do look pretty impressive.

2 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

those scores are the ones I believe the least lol

Can you really believe any scores?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cjl2010 said:

Can you really believe any scores?

When I see a huge bull killed by a credible individual with a score sheet posted Thats says 400” I tend to believe. When it’s a 440 that fits inside a 417 Im skeptical of the score  but that don’t mean that they all aren’t 400

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

When I see a huge bull killed by a credible individual with a score sheet posted Thats says 400” I tend to believe. When it’s a 440 that fits inside a 417 Im skeptical of the score  but that don’t mean that they all aren’t 400

People post scores with score sheets now lol

Just now, trphyhntr said:

Whats wrong with that, got people like you that don’t believe them 

I would love to see score sheets so “people like me” could be better educated when field judging elk.