Flatlander

6 - 400” bulls - Can it be done?

2 hours ago, WHT_MTNMAN said:

The one with the score sheet attached looked like a 350 at best from the picture I saw. But from the live pictures the bull looked incredible.

It wasn't just you. I thought the exact same thing. I couldn't get it over 360.

2 hours ago, rossislider said:

It wasn't just you. I thought the exact same thing. I couldn't get it over 360.

Which bull are we talking about?

5 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Yeah I guess you guys are right and I was wrong there wasn’t very many 400s killed this year

Actually I originally said there are  always a few 400” bulls killed annually, not just this year.  Having been on the last 6 panels, I can attest to that......and those are just the ones entered.  I believe you’re correct, there will be more this year, as some have already been displayed via social media.  But I do know that SOME of the numbers thrown out there are a bit inflated. Whether that’s ego driven (gross plus standard guide addition) or simply folks ‘thinking’ they know the correct way to measure.  😎. Either way, awesome bulls and year.......just don’t be surprised if some of those original numbers come in lower.  

Who cares what they officially score. I was just bumping this thread up because numerous monsterous bulls were killed. I didn’t know it was gonna he drama, Jesus Christ. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Who cares what they officially score. I was just bumping this thread up because numerous monsterous bulls were killed. I didn’t know it was gonna he drama, Jesus Christ. 

You seem awfully volatile in this thread.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

The one with 25” 4ths? I didn’t think it looked 400 but idk why that guy would make up numbers, I think that dude is pretty reputable 

I think he is very reputable, goes to show how difficult photos are to judge. Both ways

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Flatlander said:

Good grief can we just go back to seeing giant freaking bulls?

Sounds like we just thought they were big.

I used to post more pics on this site but this is why people have stop posting pictures . Instead of congratulating hunters  we have turned to knocking hunters down.  I posted a cactus buck on here I killed in Utah and I don’t provide a picture of a ball less buck for proof.   Who cares if it’s 400 inches or 380.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Outdoor Writer said:

I was sorting through some tear sheets and came across this one of Mike Shipsey's bull that was used in the article I did on it. 

shipseyelk.thumb.jpg.49a46e0e8ac574181f08fa12e9dfbf8d.jpg

Thanks for posting the pic Tony. A google search didn’t yield me any results.