Sign in to follow this  
Samurai

Robbery

On Wed. July 17, some SOB kicked in our front door, and among various other things, stole 5 of my mounted deer heads. (4 Coues, 1 muley). Any info would be greatly appreciated! 

123” sneak, ears forward. 112” sneak, ears back, 101” right turn, small g3 one side. 95” left turn basket rack. 165” muley 4x4 straight ahead (over 40 years old). 

I would put pictures on here, but don’t know how !

Thanks

A36D8687-4FD1-40B2-9D48-CE3E06DAE9CE.jpeg

8320E522-2615-4763-AA75-B1454AEE0291.jpeg

3B15D303-5B90-46CE-8EBE-CD347243399E.png

6852F3A3-0BE1-4FAE-8ABF-115F0BCC65B3.png

E444F3A6-DAE5-4209-86A1-6A2DAC8EC7C2.png

1 hour ago, Samurai said:

Hey Wildwoody, I figured it out !

thanks

Better if you had posted in a more pertinent section. This one is for help with the forum software. 

• Like 1

The campfire, and or classifieds get the most attention. Dude that sucks, seems like a really random thing to steal from someone. Are you under the impression the mounts were the main target of the theft? 

• Like 1

Mounts, backpack, Swaro’s, tripod, wife’s jewelry, cameras, etc., middle of the day.

Sorry to hear

Talk to very neighbor 2 blocks each way and ask if they have cameras, my parents had same thing happen few years back and the SUV was on someone’s  camera 5 houses down led to cops finding them  

• Like 2

So wife's jewelry and cameras is the only non hunting related stuff? Stealing mounts is so random it seems it would be someone who has it out for you personally or someone whom has been in your house before, maybe a friend of a friend.  People have such a hard time selling mounts I can't wrap my mind around the purpose of stealing one. Its not like you can go to your local sleazy pawn shop and unload it.  Something makes it seem like it was though out, not random.  Fishy..

This was on Tucson’s far east side. And I definitely agree with the fishy aspect. We left pulling our fifth wheel, so it was no secret we were leaving. Cops said it was probably done before we got to the freeway ! Been watching all the auction sites and can’t believe how many deer heads are actually for sale. ( ebay alone has 650 plus right now. SUCKS !

Nothing worse than a thief. Hopefully you get your stuff back and they make an example on the person who stole your stuff.

If you have the serial number I would call Swarovski and see if they can put it in their data base as stolen. I know a friend of mine called them to check a SN on some used ones he was buying.