Sign in to follow this  
Black_Flag

FIRST TAG

Congrats.

i have a tag this year, it’s not my first but I’m extremely exited for it. 

• Like 3

34 A is a good unit.  With 675 tags, expect company. 

• Like 2

Congrats on the tag.  Henry Rollins fan by chance? Or does black flag have another meaning for you?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Black_Flag said:

I really liked Blag Flag/Rollins

Thought maybe that was the case. Spent my late teens and early adulthood constantly going to punk, metal and hardcore shows. Then I started having kids and that went out the window...   How I miss those days.  I Did see Rollins with Helmet and Sausage when they played in Philly.  

Anyways, since you mentioned it's your first deer hunt, do you know how to hunt Coues? Tripod, 12s or 15s etc?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Thought maybe that was the case. Spent my late teens and early adulthood constantly going to punk, metal and hardcore shows. Then I started having kids and that went out the window...   How I miss those days.  I Did see Rollins with Helmet and Sausage when they played in Philly.  

Anyways, since you mentioned it's your first deer hunt, do you know how to hunt Coues? Tripod, 12s or 15s etc?

Nope. Doing all the research I can now. I also need to figure out the priority of equipment/gear I need to source, I.E. binoculars, boots, camo etc, all of which I don’t have but can purchase or borrow. 

Congrats. Prepare to be bit by the coues bug like the rest of us

• Like 1

Guest oneshot

Welcome and Good Luck...

BlackFlag, having 'super' optic's is really not a "must have" item in my opinion, i went that route, and ended-up selling my 15's and tripod, 8x binos is what i use now...

Shhh, don't tell anyone but....

My method is to scout deer travel areas by walking those routes and looking for the spot that overlooks these routes, then setting up within 200-300yds of that area...

Look up lots of old threads on glassing.  And firt timer threads.  Do you have a budget to work with?  I highly recomend the tripod and a pair of 15s.  There are budget options out there but id get the best you can afford.  You can event rent optics for hunts.  

• Like 2