Bradaet

FFP Scope for coues

Anyone use FFP scope for coues over 500 yards? Just curious if the reticle covers up to much on a small body deer.  hoping for someone that uses 6-20 or 6-24 range scope but any info would be appreciated.

All the scopes I own are FFP.  Shot deer out to 637, elk out to 882, coyotes out to 1365.  Doesn't seem to hinder me a bit. 

The reticle will not cover any more of the deer at 24x as it does on 6x.  The target grows with the reticle.  Depending on your reticle, a .25MOA crosshair will only cover a 1.25" area at 500 yards.  Unless you can hold .5" difference at 500, you won't ever notice.  You could shoot prairie dogs at 500 with that cover.

Lance, I got behind a Burris xtr2 last year and man that reticle was chunky at 25x! 

Would you say it depends on what reticle and the dimensions of that reticle?

That Burris XTRII has a .15MOA thick center cross.  That is at 5x or 25x.  Meaning at 500 yards, it covers .78" on the target.  At 1000 yards, covers 1.6".  I think I could live with that for a deer rifle.  

How about that new Gen 2XR you should be out shooting at this very moment?  

26 minutes ago, lancetkenyon said:

That Burris XTRII has a .15MOA thick center cross.  That is at 5x or 25x.  Meaning at 500 yards, it covers .78" on the target.  At 1000 yards, covers 1.6".  I think I could live with that for a deer rifle.  

How about that new Gen 2XR you should be out shooting at this very moment?  

Maybe I was used to my kahles and it just seemed thick??

Lol no more mil scopes for me. This tangent is moa. 

To anybody buying a new scope, walk around your house and sell all the crap you don’t use, quit smoking and quit drinking, do whatever it takes to buy yourself a tangent theta. This scope is on its own level of alphaness!!!