Big Browns

Anyone work at Discount Tire

I need to buy some tires for my truck.  I was hoping someone could help me out with a discount.  I would prefer to give a CW member the sale.  

Where I’m at, mark up is only 5 bucks a tire. But we don’t have the option to sell most of the tires that a truck would use. Call or stop into dealer tire up there in the Phoenix area. They have good prices. Also look for tire wholesalers. Some are in shady wharehouse districts but cash customers get great deals! Discount will still mount them and provide certificates (or at least they used to) 

• Like 1

Superior Tire Wholesale in Phoenix. I’ve been going there for years. Put them against Costco recently and they were still 30% less. 

• Like 4

Even if you buy your tires someplace other than discount they will sell you certificates for them as long as it is a tire they sell and it has a certain amount of tread on them.  They tried to sell me certs on some two year old BFG KO2's a while back.

If you shop at discount, ask for the friends and family discount.  I'm in the market for tires right now so this topic is useful.

• Like 1

Discount will price match anything so really no need to buy elsewhere and then get certs from them.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

Discount will price match anything so really no need to buy elsewhere and then get certs from them.

Discount has served me well for over 30 years. Only place I buy tires. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Flatlander said:

I'm surprised how long it took for this point to come up. Take any written out quote to a discount and they will match the same exact tire for the same exact price. I've done it from the internet several times.

• Like 1

Some wholesalers won’t give a written estimate for a cash quoted price. But if you go on eBay and search discount tire, sometimes they’re pricing there is cheaper and the stores will match it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ThomC said:

Find a Discount tire store out of the city ( no city sales taxes ).  

For example Retail Sales rate in Chandler is 1.5 while South Tucson is 4.5 and tax rates in each county are different too. Mohave County is 5.85 and La Paz is 7.6%

Good thing about Discount, if you're hunting up north and can limp into Flagstaff or Show Low, you can get a new tire for $28, or whatever the cost of your certificate is. It's saved my bacon a few times. 

• Like 2

Costco only. Discount Tire is closed on Sundays and that could be a problem. Yes they will price match but, then they charge for the road hazard certs. Costco includes that in the install price. After seeing a co-worker literally lose his front tire on US60 doing 65 in a Dodge Diesel 2500 I will never let them touch any of my vehicles!!!!!!!!!!