Big Browns

Anyone work at Discount Tire

2 hours ago, MT. CAT said:

Costco only. Discount Tire is closed on Sundays and that could be a problem. Yes they will price match but, then they charge for the road hazard certs. Costco includes that in the install price. After seeing a co-worker literally lose his front tire on US60 doing 65 in a Dodge Diesel 2500 I will never let them touch any of my vehicles!!!!!!!!!!

And my question would be HOW could you not feel a tire being that loose until it comes off?

I have never understood that either. I had 2 studs out of 8 broken once and knew something was wrong. By the time the 3rd snapped I was already looking for a safe place to pull off. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Hoss50 said:

I have never understood that either. I had 2 studs out of 8 broken once and knew something was wrong. By the time the 3rd snapped I was already looking for a safe place to pull off. 

I've been using Discount for 30 years and never had a problem. I take my personal truck and work vehicle in every 5K for rotations.

If you think that Discount is the only tire store that hires imperfect tire installers (although that statement is strictly subjective) then you are nuts and they are probably loose.  😏

• Like 1

One other thing if you have to get a tire while out of town and Discount isn't open they have taken the tire. refunded my money and replaced with the same tire I purchased minus the road hazard. Discount has gotten worse with customer service over the years but still pretty good in my book.

I have lost a tire while driving from discount tire. Coming back from the az strip. 89a isn't the best place to pull right off the road. Cameron was about a mile away when I heard some knocking. I slowed down and as soon as I turned into the gas station, off my rear tire went.  Pulling teeth to get them to pay for it. Wanted to punch their adjuster in the mouth when he came it inspect it.  

With that said, my son works for them now so I have him do all my work.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, northAZarcher said:

I have lost a tire while driving from discount tire. Coming back from the az strip. 89a isn't the best place to pull right off the road. Cameron was about a mile away when I heard some knocking. I slowed down and as soon as I turned into the gas station, off my rear tire went.  Pulling teeth to get them to pay for it. Wanted to punch their adjuster in the mouth when he came it inspect it.  

With that said, my son works for them now so I have him do all my work.

How many miles did you drive between the time they put the wheel on and it came off? Was it all on pavement or was there some offroading involved?

Do your research first, unfortunately Discount Tire has to comply with the MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) retail structure that is set by the manufacturer. Due to the size of Discount Tire (over 1000 stores) we can not get away with having retails as low as some of the smaller dealers, although as some of the other CW members have eluded to, we will still price match. Also, it is a good idea to look into some of the Discount Tire exclusive brands, such as the Goodyear Ultraterrain, these tire lines are owned by Discount Tire and therefore we can control the retail on them. So far we have heard nothing but good things about that tire, according to our testing it out performs the BFG and is cheaper$$$.

Glad to see all the good experiences and disappointed to hear the bad ones, unfortunately no matter where you go there are bad apples and when a company gets to a certain size those apples can be hard to weed out. Discount Tire still to this day takes customer feedback very seriously, as a tip, if you ever have a bad experience with Discount Tire, fill out the survey they send you in an email, those definitely don't get ignored, they go straight to the AVP and VP of that region, and someone always has to answer for a negative review!

14 minutes ago, Dustler2016 said:

Do your research first, unfortunately Discount Tire has to comply with the MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) retail structure that is set by the manufacturer. Due to the size of Discount Tire (over 1000 stores) we can not get away with having retails as low as some of the smaller dealers, although as some of the other CW members have eluded to, we will still price match. Also, it is a good idea to look into some of the Discount Tire exclusive brands, such as the Goodyear Ultraterrain, these tire lines are owned by Discount Tire and therefore we can control the retail on them. So far we have heard nothing but good things about that tire, according to our testing it out performs the BFG and is cheaper$$$.

Glad to see all the good experiences and disappointed to hear the bad ones, unfortunately no matter where you go there are bad apples and when a company gets to a certain size those apples can be hard to weed out. Discount Tire still to this day takes customer feedback very seriously, as a tip, if you ever have a bad experience with Discount Tire, fill out the survey they send you in an email, those definitely don't get ignored, they go straight to the AVP and VP of that region, and someone always has to answer for a negative review!

So we now have an answer to the OP’s question. Dustler can you hook me up with a friends and family discount?

I am purchasing a set of Ultra Hunter 18x9’s and Nitto Terra Grappler 305/65/18’s this week 😀

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

So we now have an answer to the OP’s question. Dustler can you hook me up with a friends and family discount?

I am purchasing a set of Ultra Hunter 18x9’s and Nitto Terra Grappler 305/65/18’s this week 😀

I don't work in the stores anymore, I moved to the corporate office a few years ago. Although I still have quite a few buddys that are in the stores. DM me where your located and what store you're thinking about going to and I'll see what I can do! I worked in the Gilbert area for many years so I should be able to help you.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, PRDATR said:

How many miles did you drive between the time they put the wheel on and it came off? Was it all on pavement or was there some offroading involved?

It was about 2500 miles.  Some off road because I was hunting the strip.  

My buddy had the same thing happen to him but he was out in the woods in unit 10. 

I usually tighten them down after I get it home now. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, northAZarcher said:

It was about 2500 miles.  Some off road because I was hunting the strip.  

My buddy had the same thing happen to him but he was out in the woods in unit 10. 

I usually tighten them down after I get it home now. 

Never ever in my life have I had a wheel come loose (knock on wood) if it was a shops fault, it woulda happened in the first 1-10 miles. Unless they broke studs and it worked itself off after that. But you shoulda checked then long before 2500 miles.