AzDiamondHeat

New setup for filming

No, but great idea!  I just use a phone scope.

I've never seen one of those neoprene eye covers.  I always kept a towel or partial t shirtmscrap in my pack.  Where you get it and how much did it cost?

Up until this year I always used a shemagh. Ran into a guy in New Mexico who was using these and thought I would try them out.

Bought them at Sportsmans in Mesa. about $20 if I remember right.

google bino slicker

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CatfishKev said:

I've never seen one of those neoprene eye covers.  I always kept a towel or partial t shirtmscrap in my pack.  Where you get it and how much did it cost?

1 hour ago, AzDiamondHeat said:

Up until this year I always used a shemagh. Ran into a guy in New Mexico who was using these and thought I would try them out.

Bought them at Sportsmans in Mesa. about $20 if I remember right.

google bino slicker

Here's the website for the company makes the "Bino Bandit" ocular bino shade:

https://alpineproducts.com/product/bino-bandit-glare-blocker/

They're also available via Amazon.  I like mine enough that I bought some for gifts.  (Made in USA too!)

These Bino Bandits shut out the light very well.  I still use a shemagh when  the sun is burning hot or if it's cold but I use that in addition to these Bino Bandits. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

I have one I got off amazon, I can never keep it on it always slides off. I rarely use it. But the idea is good.

Cool idea, also interested in the mount?

I had something similar.   Worked great at first but after using it a bit I didn't like it because I couldn't continue glassing new country when ever I was filming.  I like to video a lot and most of the time as soon as I hit record I go back to glassing. I couldn't do this anymore with my camera attached to the head and I was missing out on too much glassing time.  Also tried another contraption that attached to the tripod legs but it was too shaky.  Cool idea though. 

7 hours ago, StickFlicker said:

I really like the camera extension coming off the tripod base. Did you buy that or make it? If you bought it, what is it?

Its mounted to the head and moves with the binos, so anything I look at can also be recorded at the same time. I have an manfrotto mvh500ah which has a 3/8 attachment spot. Screws right into it. THey also make these arms with clamps that I think would work too.

SMALLRIG 11 inch Adjustable Power Articulating Magic Arm

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GQQYTH7/ref=twister_B07KZPSN2N?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Cool setup!

Is the video with a dedicated camcorder like that better or worse than say a phoneskope through a spotter?

Looking for Max clarity and detail on a buck at 1000 yards?

No clue but I aim to find out.  Will be pretty easy to do a true side by side comparison. Literally.  

My camera is pretty basic but will be interesting to see.  I am also going to try it with a dlsr camera in video mode.  

• Like 1