AzDiamondHeat

New setup for filming

I may have to try this as well, i get the being able to film and glass thing tho especially if your out by yourself. Im going to be doing a backpack hunt for my rifle hunt would be cool to film it myself. Hopefully i can find something that works. I just got a new s10+ and the phoneskope footage is unreal compared to my old droid. Id prefer tu use it when possible but being able to see and film during the hunt would be nice. 

16 hours ago, ForkHorn said:

Cool setup!

Is the video with a dedicated camcorder like that better or worse than say a phoneskope through a spotter?

Looking for Max clarity and detail on a buck at 1000 yards?

I think as with most optics, it will depend on what you have. Some of the camcorders today are pretty amazing with the zooms and image stabilization. 

What I found a few years ago on the question of camcorder vs phoneskope/spotter was easy to answer with good glass.  The spotter on 40 and 60x did yield better results and you can zoom the phone to 2 or 3x  on top of that without losing much detail.

Considering all the variables between optical and digital zoom between the devices, I think it gets interesting using a phoneskope with 15's vs the camcorder. 

As for the DSLR, A 300mm zoom is nowhere as good as 15's. (And I was using a DX so I think it would be the same as 450mm with an FX sensor.)  

I'll try to find my pics as I did all this years ago. There was a sweet spot and it seemed like it was 40x on spotter and 2.5x on phone that produced the finest detail.

• Like 1