Heat

1.5 Day Offshore Trip

Dramamine didn't work the two times I used it. I used the patch and it worked better then I bought Scopace in pill form and it worked even better adn I still have a few but it isn't made anymore. On our 2.5 day over the 4th I put the patch on in the morning after I got out of the shower and then we drove to SD and boarded the boat at 6PM.

The patch last 72 hours and I was fine but the seas were relatively calm the whole trip with just a few 6' rollers in the afternoon when the wind picked up but it laid down by about 6PM.

25 minutes ago, BowHuntAZ said:

Pretty much the same for our trip. A handful of us take it serious and would love to target the bigger fish but it’s a company outing for our foremen and supervisors so we’re going to be opportunistic and go for any good bite. It sounds like it’s shaping up to be epic either way! 

You hiring? Our company outing is usually Christmas lunch at Rositas. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, PRDATR said:

You hiring? Our company outing is usually Christmas lunch at Rositas. LOL

Lol

As a matter of fact we are. Hiring like crazy right now. Know any good electricians? 

5 minutes ago, BowHuntAZ said:

Lol

As a matter of fact we are. Hiring like crazy right now. Know any good electricians? 

I do it when needed since the other guys at work still really figured out how to bend conduit but I'm a "Controls" guy  since 81 although I still do conduit on and off and the occasional VFD swap out when I'm not bidding or running jobs, doing drawings and submittals  or doing field work since we are always a man down.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, biglakejake said:

seaforth extended 3/4 day San Diego 12 hour trip is back with 208 yft and some other stuff today.  thats alot of tuna steak.

lee

I can afford the charter, not so sure about the filet bill ......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, azcouesandelk said:

Picked up the scopolamine patches today 

The only problem I see with the patch is they will fall off due to high humidity, sweat, etc.  A bandaid or some type of tape to keep them on is prudent.

15 minutes ago, Swivelhead said:

I think the boat charged us close to $1 a pound which considering it takes a mate about a minute to do a 20# fish so when you do the math it adds up pretty quick, plus they want a tip on top of that.

18 minutes ago, Swivelhead said:

Thats a nice "problem" to have.  Kinda like a taxidermy bill. 

23 hours ago, Delw said:

dang learn something everyday, I didnt know that, they just said it was a mackrelal shark.

You remember Those 2 that Booya caught years ago on AZBaassZone, one was like 900lbs and the other was around 700lbs

Yes I do remember that. I wonder if he still deep sea fishes 

22 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

So if you catch two 20lb tunas it costs $40 to clean them both ?

Most of the time its $5-10 a fish on tunas, yellowtail, and dorado.  $10 is for the big fish, like 30# or more.  I've never been charged a per# price.  You also have the option to take them whole to a processor like Marios and let them do it all for a per # price.  Thats around a buck a #.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2019 at 5:26 PM, azcouesandelk said:

Going on my first trip ever out of Point Loma this weekend. We are doing a 1.5 day trip. Any pointers on what to bring would be appreciated. I already have my Dramamine 👍

Get the patches man

10 hours ago, Heat said:

Most of the time its $5-10 a fish on tunas, yellowtail, and dorado.  $10 is for the big fish, like 30# or more.  I've never been charged a per# price.  You also have the option to take them whole to a processor like Marios and let them do it all for a per # price.  Thats around a buck a #.

a point to remember about processing-the weight they charge you for is the whole fish in the round-the finished product is only 33% to 40% of that.

safeway has just gorgeous ahi steaks all year round for $9.99/lb.  i don't think i ever brought tuna steaks home to Arizona for less than a combined $20.00/lb.   and if you are not into seafood no cleaning charges-somebody will take every pelagic fish you want to give away.  the crew usually sells the skipjack for lobster and crab bait.  and it doesn't cost anything to donate tuna to the galley.

lee

57e65a529d2dade94fc9f422ba0b8705--tuna-fillet-seared-tuna.thumb.jpg.7353625502d361ca3a63c46bb15f56d1.jpg

i just scanned in some old photos-a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away............

China Clipper/Legend

003.thumb.jpg.2aa571db1199a45d5ef2e7de6bae4013.jpg

Mascot VI

352043883_001(2).thumb.jpg.c2ba07ae7381e1f66a95f3569a82cafd.jpg

Ben Griffiths' Morning Star

002.thumb.jpg.27284f8b5219c7525259bfed340ee452.jpg

Buzz Brizendines' Prowler

001.thumb.jpg.e922b8f38a2bab432934f59d7115410c.jpg

Grande/Grande 85

1495958853_cortezbank001.thumb.jpg.ee70873a70f74f48d32731f451963b0e.jpg

Hells Half Acre

001.thumb.jpg.3d0973f8ca1392c2362eceb9e91f2713.jpg