Sign in to follow this  
briant_az

Arizona Taxidermy Training

Just curious if any members have ever gone to the classes at Arizona Taxidermy Training in Show Low. I plan on going to some of the classes but its expensive and would really like to make sure that it's worth the cost. 

• Like 1

I know a few people who have done it.  I was not impressed with their skills after taking the class.  I think you would be much better off to find a local taxidermist who would be willing to show you how over a reasonable time frame.  You cannot learn how to properly mount an animal in a week.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Big Browns said:

I know a few people who have done it.  I was not impressed with their skills after taking the class.  I think you would be much better off to find a local taxidermist who would be willing to show you how over a reasonable time frame.  You cannot learn how to properly mount an animal in a week.

I couldn't agree more, that's the only reason that I am second guessing the class. I would like to learn from someone local, but its hard to do with a full time job and two little ones at home. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cjl2010 said:

Probably a few Star Valley guys on the forum that can show you how to properly mount an animal.

Thats funny right there, made my day

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Outdoor Writer said:

Likely pros at sheep, huh?

Never known them to discriminate. Lol just kidding wild woody!

• Like 3

I personally would love to learn how to work on my own animals!  My taxidermist of 20 years has moved away.  I haven't found anyone I like so it would be a great time to learn how to do it myself.  If anyone is local and willing to teach I would be VERY interested!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cjl2010 said:

Never known them to discriminate. Lol just kidding wild woody!

I don't do taxidermy, but I like sheep. Oh ya

• Haha 4

Woody ,in Star Valley You don't  have much of a choice. The Sheep shine bright....LOL....................BOB!

• Like 1