Sign in to follow this  
Ohthatguy

Gov tag buck

Just now, trphyhntr said:

Well, they did have the whole previous year also 

How many 200in deer were there last year? 

3 minutes ago, AZkiller said:

i know of 2 desert deer that were 217 and 218. when was the last time they killled a hard horned auction buck? 

2 minutes ago, AZkiller said:

There should be 6 deer over 250 dead before the archery hunt starts.

In my mind there is hunting, killing and down right murder. Hunting is when you work your butt off for an animal, no matter how big the bones are. Killing is like this guy did, and murder is like resting your rifle on some fence post shooting something in a pen like Uncle Billy's dried up milk cow or a canned hunt if you will.

• Like 3

Just now, trphyhntr said:

when was the last time they killled a hard horned auction buck? 

Probably the last one that sold for less than 50k. I wouldn't shoot one in the Velvet if I won the raffle. I don't like how they look. I'd only hunt Dec

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AZkiller said:

11 minutes ago, AZkiller said:

Probably the last one that sold for less than 50k. 

grayghost already answered why they shoot them in velvet. the same reason they shoot the elk in velvet. theres 200" every single year. this buck in the OP would look bad butt hard horned. I know what you’re saying, last year was bad but they shoot them in velvet almost always regardless of the year it seems 

33 minutes ago, AZkiller said:

There should be 6 deer over 250 dead before the archery hunt starts.

Raffle hunter killed last year so no chance of the 6. Good chance of another 1 or 2 before they strip there velvet though

What kills Me on You Guys arguing at what Catfish said. He did not Bad mouth the Guy or Be little Him ,He simply said the Hunter bought a head.  And thats what He did. The Gentleman that is the tag holder might be a great hunter. But in this case He bought a Head . Thats what the tags are for .For weathy Guys to spend a fortune on them and $ go to wildlife and they deserve to fly in and kill.  The Dude from Payson on here bad mouthing everyone that says its just a kill. I don't know what his stake in this is? maybee a friend of the outftter I don't know or maybee he wants to be rich too. He is bragging so much about knowing all the rich people ,Big deal who cares . I know a bunch also, doesn't make me anybody special or none of them that I know are special to Me they are just people. Most of us work hard. I hope this same guy buys it for 300k next year too and get to shoot another great one.  I am just defending Catfish Kev Who I met once ,has a bunch of Kids is a good DAD and works His but to support His family and to Hunt. I was the same way when I was younger. Like I said He didn't bash the HunterHe just said He bought a Head ,and He did. I don't why You had to bash on Him...Peace to all. And all with tags hope You kill a big animal this year ,Even Payson Guy (sorry don't know your name) ...............BOB

• Like 5

8 hours ago, cjl2010 said:

I don’t care how a person hunts, I just think if you are a mule deer guy you are second best to a coues hunter.

I was drinking some water at my desk when I read this.  Now I get to clean my desk off from spitting it all out while also laughing my butt off!  Freaking Hilarious comment!!!!!  LOL!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, azcouesandelk said:

Raffle hunter killed last year so no chance of the 6. Good chance of another 1 or 2 before they strip there velvet though

Where is it? Carter said 6

8 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

download.jpg

Had to make a living man. We all can’t sell used mini vans to single moms.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, naturebob said:

What kills Me on You Guys arguing at what Catfish said. He did not Bad mouth the Guy or Be little Him ,He simply said the Hunter bought a head.  And thats what He did. The Gentleman that is the tag holder might be a great hunter. But in this case He bought a Head . Thats what the tags are for .For weathy Guys to spend a fortune on them and $ go to wildlife and they deserve to fly in and kill.  The Dude from Payson on here bad mouthing everyone that says its just a kill. I don't know what his stake in this is? maybee a friend of the outftter I don't know or maybee he wants to be rich too. He is bragging so much about knowing all the rich people ,Big deal who cares . I know a bunch also, doesn't make me anybody special or none of them that I know are special to Me they are just people. Most of us work hard. I hope this same guy buys it for 300k next year too and get to shoot another great one.  I am just defending Catfish Kev Who I met once ,has a bunch of Kids is a good DAD and works His but to support His family and to Hunt. I was the same way when I was younger. Like I said He didn't bash the HunterHe just said He bought a Head ,and He did. I don't why You had to bash on Him...Peace to all. And all with tags hope You kill a big animal this year ,Even Payson Guy (sorry don't know your name) ...............BOB

Payson guy here. I don’t know all the rich guys. I was fortunate to work for a ton of them and it really changed my mind on how I saw them. I was like a lot of guys and bashed them for all the cool stuff they got to do and thought all they did was sit around and watch piles of money show up. I have a weird respect for them and just like how you respect Kevin and him working hard and being a good dad, what makes you think these rich guys aren’t the same person.

the only reason I chimed in was to stir the pot, bought tags and giant mule deer are ok and don’t bother me one bit but I had a feeling there were some guys that didn’t like it lol.

i would rather have the 350K put into a AZGFD Hunting rather than a ANTI hunting group...

• Like 4