Sign in to follow this  
AverageJoe

Seeing Double Crosshairs

I have never had this issue until recently. I am starting to see double crosshairs when looking through my scopes. I wear contacts and have for the last 20 years. Never had this issue until about 1 month ago. It is fine if i put my glasses on. Only happens with contacts. Has anyone ever had this happen? 

I have worn contacts for 17 years and have never noticed double crosshairs. At times it’s hard for my eyes to focus and that’s been a good signal that’s its time to change to a new set. 

Have you tried putting in a new pair?

Yes this has happened with several pairs. I wear dailies and have for about 5 years. Always been great with no problems. I just turned 40 so wondering if its just age related or a bad batch of contacts. 

Shoot man doesn’t make sense that glasses do it and contacts don’t. Maybe try some eye drops before you shoot. Heard of guys having film built up on the lens causing issues. Better yet if you haven’t had a check up in a while see the doc and save time and money on the deal.

• Thanks 1

Have you been drinking while wearing your contacts?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ctafoya said:

Have you been drinking while wearing your contacts?

Ohhhh, so that's my problem.  I don't wear contacts, sooooo I guess I just drink too much?

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

When was the last time you had a thorough eye exam?

Just a month ago. My eyes are steadily getting worse the older i get. Wondering if my contact correction is just so bad for far vision that i am unable to focus up close. Its fine for everything but looking through a scope. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AverageJoe said:

Just a month ago. My eyes are steadily getting worse the older i get. Wondering if my contact correction is just so bad for far vision that i am unable to focus up close. Its fine for everything but looking through a scope. 

I have worn glasses since I was 13 (66 now) and tried contacts three times but my eyes constantly tear and my sinuses run even with hard so I stuck with glasses except for about 10 years after I had RK in the early 90's which was great for distance but in my early 40's I needed cheaters for up close stuff.

I go every year to the Pearson Eye Group office that is inside Lens Crafters on Stapley in Mesa. They have the latest equipment and have used them for years. I am starting to get cataracts  but still have a ways to go before I need surgery.

3 hours ago, AverageJoe said:

Are you a candidate for lasik or any other type of surgery?