NastyBuck

Walkie Talkies

I've owned several brands over the years, and they all seemed to give out after only a few uses (light hunting or fishing trips).  Anyone have any suggestions as to the best walkie talkies they own?  

It's been years since I've purchased any, but I am planning to buy some in advance of my Nov mule deer hunt.  Thanks.

About 4 years ago we all switched over to (below), range is amazing, we add the long whip antenna.  Our crew is running about 6+ of them now.  

Baofeng UV5RA Ham Two Way Radio 

• Like 1

I had good luck with Garmin RINO.  I have one that's 22 years old and still works.  I remember one time I was high up on a Mesa near Winslow, AZ and I turned it on and scanned the channels.  It picked up two people talking, and since they both had Garmins, I could see how far away they were.  They were 48 miles away.  I keyed my Mic and they started talking about me since it shows up on their radio who I am.

5 hours ago, Lazy-H98 said:

About 4 years ago we all switched over to (below), range is amazing, we add the long whip antenna.  Our crew is running about 6+ of them now.  

Do you have your ham license or just roll the dice? 4 watts beats the heck out of .5

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lazy-H98 said:

Pretty easy to break the law with these without a ham license but they are an awesome cheap radio.  Also, I might add, pretty easy to break the law with a ham license. 

• Like 2