Green Bullet

Snake Gaiter recommendations

There’s one that stands head and shoulders above the rest. I just recently bought some turtle skins and they are awesome. Comfortable, well made, and most importantly they weight literally 1/4 or less what my other ones weigh that I’ve used forever. They’re crazy expensive, but I wish I would’ve bought them many years ago.Totally worth it.

• Like 1

I have "Rattlers Brand" from sportmans. I think they were about $40 a pair. Makes you sweat, never been struck so not sure how good they are.

I used to wear canvas wrapped around my legs to knee high and tied with black electrical tape. Inexpensive and worked well.

By the way I only wore them on my fishing trips to Black River where I encountered rattlers 80% of the trips

I have Turtle Skin gaiters...they are very good.  Even had a large rattlesnake bump into them in tall grass.  He wasn't striking but he was coming through the super thick tall sacaton grass at about knee level!!  Guy walking behind me saw it's head hit my gaiter! 

They are tan on one side and camo on the other, so you might like the camo on a hunt.  Well made and easy to zip on and off

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ITZDLC2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 3

For many years I wore the Rattlers style gaiters. They were hot but you get used to it. I can vouch that they 100% work though.

I mostly wore them while dove and quail hunting for the cholla, but I did get to "test" them with a live rattler.

I would buy the Turtle Skinz though if I was to wear them on a long hunt or all day. Just spendy.

• Like 1

Plus one on the Turtle Skins.  Haven't had to test them, but the peace of mind is a win.  I lead when we go in in the dark.  Sacrificial lamb if you will.

Another +1 for the Turtleskin. Thankfully I haven't had to put them to the test them yet but they're comfortable and they're good for peace of mind.

I got the True Timbers or whatever they're called at Bass Pro, my Gf was working there at the time, so I got them for like $25, think they're usually $40. I wear them chasing quail and javelina in the cacti and love them, have yet to get cholla to go through them

They are definitely hot, I'd give the turtle skins a serious look before I spent the $40 again. 

Turtle skins are hot as well.  Anything that's  dense enough to stop  a fang or cactus thorn is not going to breathe worth a crap.

I'll take sweaty calves and soggy socks over antivenom treatment or worse any day.

• Like 2