Sign in to follow this  
Flatlander

Hunt Guidelines Webcast

https://www.azgfd.com/azgfd-to-host-webcast-on-hunt-management-approaches-aug-15/

Anyone going to be able to catch this webcast tonight? I would love to submit some questions but it’s my kids birthday so I probably won’t be able to sit down for it until later.

1 hour ago, Northern Pintail said:

So did anyone watch or go?  

I watched it,  looked like around 15 were watching it on the web, I think when amber was done there were about 3 or 4 questions asked and that was it 

Here are my notes after watching online:

- Online black bear and my lion reporting is now available.

https://www.azgfd.com/Hunting/Questionnaires/

Also here is a link to online harvest quotas and objectives.

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/azgfd-portal-wordpress-pantheon/wp-content/uploads/archive/BB-HARVEST-TRACKING-20190815.pdf

They talked about changing a metric for, I believe, alternative management elk units from points per side of harvested bulls to an age based goal. 

There was an update on the Mt lion changes, basically showing that overall harvest hasn’t changed much since the changes made last year.

Sounds like they did or will move quail opener back two weeks. I don’t hunt them so I didn’t pay much attention.

Update on translocated antelope, quail, javelina and bighorn sheep. I had forgotten about the Rocky’s they dropped in Leonard canyon, looks like two operations totaling about 50 animals.

Nothing earth shattering but a very good refresher on goals and objectives. Other than antelope our critters are doing pretty good and we don’t have the crazy swings other western states seem to have. Antelope in this state have big problems almost completely resultant from habitat fragmentation, which wasn’t really discussed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MT_Sourdough said:

Thanks Flatlander.  Good info.  I know the antelope in 19a and 19b are doomed.

Unfortunately it appears that way. Interestingly enough one of the translocations they discussed on the webcast was taking goats off of Glassford Hill in 19A to be placed in the SE part of the state around Bonita.

I can remember hunting lope on Glassford when I was 18. It was fun because they got up into the canyons behind the houses and it was almost like hunting whitetails. Unfortunately some lady turned her kid and dogs out to run off the buck I was stalking, he passed by within 15 yds of me but was at a full run when he did.

• Like 1