Sign in to follow this  
kfallsrob

Taxidermy advice

Any animal you kill and want mounted keep the skull and horns/antlers. Do your own Euro mount. It only takes a week or so. When the taxi takes a $hit you still have your Trophy. Any taxidermist great or mediocre can go under, thats life.

• Like 1

The problem with taxidermists is they make half of there money without lifting a finger and the other half takes all the work.  They like to take as many of those first halves as they can get and worry about the second half later.  I’ve had to repo animals from two different taxidermists.  One in AZ and one in OK that I made the mistake of sending an antelope with after a NM hunt.  I’ll never again use anyone else then my guy in ND or Mogollon in AZ

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

That would be a world record couse deer

Hybrid?

The Non-Typical is over 195.

I get mine back in a month. Man this is turning into a tough crowd.

On 8/9/2019 at 2:20 PM, SEEKER said:

I am a master taxidermist, over 50 years , Now retired . So. I am not offering to do it.. But , I can tell  you the fact, this is the most common problem- in this business. This happens frequently. Is very difficult for the customer. The only way that I have seen it corrected ,is legally. That cost time & more money. One thing that might work:; Offer a little more reason , to get it done - promptly. Like 30 days; If he still has your -Parts.      * One of my archery Coues( I mounted it several years ago).

IMG_1231 (2).JPG

I feel like hes giving me the stink eye?

22 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

ShowySelfassuredInsect-mobile.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PRDATR said:

He said it was killed archery “several years ago.” The brand new non typical world record is 139. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

I thought predators were the only animals with eyes facing forward....guess this deer is just of a different breed than what I am used to

• Like 1

14 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

He said it was killed archery “several years ago.” The brand new non typical world record is 139. 

20 hours ago, PRDATR said:

Told you, world record

16 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Yep, 2017.  Non-typical @ 139 2/8", by a member here.  Typical is 130 1/8" from 2001.

It could very well be a Coues he killed with a bow several years ago...wearing a set of eastern whitetail horns (either real or replicas) in place of it's natural horns.

B&C world record is typical 144 1/8", non-typical 196 2/8".

I believe that 130 1/8" P&Y buck is Sergio Orozco's, which is on the cover of HOW TO HUNT COUES DEER. The story of how he killed it is in the TALES chapter. 

cover.thumb.jpg.c69a1b29f3eb43aaffc662f6d608e19f.jpg

• Like 2

Wow,,, Read this page over a few times & any HUNTER, OF SOUND MIND, would disregard all these ( made-up )  scores.   I think that's a reason why  -friends of animals_ & -defenders of wild life- have their negative opinion of animal-killers.

30 minutes ago, SEEKER said:

Wow,,, Read this page over a few times & any HUNTER, OF SOUND MIND, would disregard all these ( made-up )  scores.   I think that's a reason why  -friends of animals_ & -defenders of wild life- have their negative opinion of animal-killers.

What scores are made up 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1