Sign in to follow this  
kfallsrob

Taxidermy advice

59 minutes ago, SEEKER said:

Wow,,, Read this page over a few times & any HUNTER, OF SOUND MIND, would disregard all these ( made-up )  scores.   I think that's a reason why  -friends of animals_ & -defenders of wild life- have their negative opinion of animal-killers.

I didn’t see any scores made up. Except maybe on the cup.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/11/2019 at 4:55 PM, wish2hunt said:

I didn’t see any scores made up. Except maybe on the cup.

I , SURE DO NOT SEE THEM ; INSERTING THEM INTO A CUP.......Maybe my sight is failing?????????  But I sure can see a lot of FAVORS--  JUST= LOOKING FOR A HOME!

So where are we with SEEKER's "coues" deer?

4 hours ago, SEEKER said:

I , SURE DO NOT SEE THEM ; INSERTING THEM INTO A CUP.......Maybe my sight is failing?????????  But I sure can see a lot of FAVORS--  JUST= LOOKING FOR A HOME!

20e7f6db35cd41400b3509dcc090eeb94acc7eaa

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 8/9/2019 at 9:36 AM, kfallsrob said:

I dropped a mule deer buck off to a taxidermist in Mesa that my son shot in November of 2016 and still have not gotten it back. I'm a patient person, but have started to get extremely irritated of the run around I am getting. About every 6 months I check in and ask how much longer and I get a different excuse every time. The hides back shouldn't be much longer, I wrote down your number on the list so we can get to it soon, we just measured everything and it should be done in a month or so, on and on. I just want a straight answer on return time, but It's obvious he is incapable of giving one.  I'm thinking about getting the horns and cape back and having someone else finish it, but I don't want to end up at the back of the line again. Any suggestions on someone who does quality work and could turn it around in a few months and what the approximate cost would be with the hide already tanned? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Was it Trails End Taxidermy?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/19/2019 at 2:34 PM, brademan76 said:

So where are we with SEEKER's "coues" deer?

It has not moved , or winked an eye - in several years. And I predict that it will be- looking great - for many more !!!

NOW, I am ready to  -do one more hunt- with my Samson -- 

Come 13 Sept. --The Bull Elk hunt is -ON again, in 11 M. If all goes as planned - Mr Bull -Has a reserved  position in my trophy display,  RIGHT-- Beside --my pretty Whitetail Buck.

IMG_0368 (1).JPG

34 minutes ago, SEEKER said:

It has not moved , or winked an eye - in several years. And I predict that it will be- looking great - for many more !!!

Come 13 Sept. --The Bull Elk hunt is -ON again, in 11 M. If all goes as planned - Mr Bull -Has a reserved  position in my trophy display,  RIGHT-- Beside --my pretty Whitetail Buck.

IMG_0368 (1).JPG

Is that a pizza box?  In front of a pile of carpet?  Looks like you’re gettin the ol’ Jennings dialed in!!!!

3 hours ago, SEEKER said:

I think we all agree its a whitetail... but it's not a coues... or at least his antlers aren't from a coues. Why don't you all fill us in on the details of that trophy?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, brademan76 said:

I think we all agree its a whitetail... but it's not a coues... or at least his antlers aren't from a coues. Why don't you all fill us in on the details of that trophy?

I Defended my country -30 years in-  US military & retired. U S A F, all over this Earth,   So ,that any type of person- can have freedom of thought & expression; 

So- go for it- until you are content.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SEEKER said:

I Defended my country -30 years in-  US military & retired. U S A F, all over this Earth,   So ,that any type of person- can have freedom of thought & expression; 

So- go for it- until you are content.

An artist expression representing your toil in the USAF. Cool. Thanks for clarifying.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brademan76 said:

An artist expression representing your toil in the USAF. Cool. Thanks for clarifying.

This is my 44 , bull elk hunt   ,and my last hunt. Physically O K    (stre I modified it to a ngth)    But things are wearing out. Cancer for 7 years;  Many heart surgeries,, and  I Am still here.

God (Jesus Christ)  has kept me living through all this for some reason. He has answered my request, while I was defending this U S A . I may guide for my wife, 20 years my Jr. She has taken 2 really nice big bulls in area 1, 2005 & 2011. I was never able to get drawn for the early bull hunt there.

This is my elk hunting bow ,( Bow Tech 105 lbs draw. Samson. I modified it into a vertical -CROSS BOW.) Shoots easy, very fast , accurate,quiet, and most important= no movement -before the release! The bull is totally unaware , until he hears the string. He has no time for movement.( string-jump) I shoot short shots.   under 35 yard -only----could shoot 80 -but I like to be sure. The ole outdoors man!

Kathleen Davis Johnson Obituary - Visitation & Funeral Information.html

IMG_1473.JPG

DriverSupport (6).exe

DriverSupport (5).exe

IMG_0925 (2).JPG

IMG_0744.JPG

IMG_0060_LI (1).jpg