Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Tred Barta

Tred just passed away in an auto accident in Canada. Not a lot of details but I know for the last month or so he had an RV and had traveled to Alaska. Heck of a fisherman, hunter and all around good guy who managed to never give up no matter what cards he was delt.

He is outta pain now and if there is a here after I know he is sitting around the campfire with people like Bear, Ruark, Learner and a slew of others.

• Like 4

Poor guy had a rough go lately!  Kinda sad to hear after persevering through so much.  I used to think he was kind of a spaz, but his enthusiasm and that never give up attitude was infectious.  He will be sorely missed by many.

He and I grew up a few miles apart and are the same age. He caught some impressive big fish in his teens and although we never met we fished the same waters off Long Island and he gained some notoriety in local newspapers and publications.

He has done a lot to provide fishing opportunities for kids in Florida and was selfless even through his tribulations. A person of integrity and high energy. Never too humble to ask for help. He held a lot of IGFA records.

https://www.facebook.com/TheIGFA/posts/10156626616853112?comment_id=10156626718088112&reply_comment_id=10156626941813112&comment_tracking={"tn"%3A"R"}

that’s terrible. Tred was the reason I started hunting then bow hunting and then traditional archery 

Sad news, I have always enjoyed his toughness and grit, he was a fighter!