Sign in to follow this  
jdown

sold - thank you Tortoise with habitat

Tortoise with 50 gal habitat, heat lamp, basking lamp, shelter, pond and food dish.  Owned for 1.5 years and fully grown.  

$100

Call or text 

Josh 480-369-4923

IMG_1973.JPG

I believe it is a Russian box or a hermanns. But will verify if I can find the pet club receipt.  If you know how I can tell otherwise, let me know.   Thank you 

Don't they get like 200lbs, or am I thinking of other turtles?

No not like those monsters at the zoo.  He is an inside tortoise. Just in a habitat.  I'll post a picture tomorrow but he is full grown at around 6" i would guess.  He will walk around outside or around house but just back to cage for the most part   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wildwoody said:

Don't they get like 200lbs, or am I thinking of other turtles?

The African spurred / Sulcata is the one that gets giant. I have 1 found by my sister when it was silver dollar size so I agreed to raise for a while but he is about to need a good home I do not want him when he gets big.

• Like 1

Our son Anthony got on of those african ones for his birthday years ago(it was about 6 weeks old very small) he lives in the back yard keeps the grass cut, eats a head of lettuse and hald a small watermellon a tad, shits like a saint Bernard. loves our Daughter and our son hates everyone else will his at you just for looking at it. There cool to have around.

IMG_2559.JPG

• Like 2

Oh yeah one other thing, dont leave outside in a glass aquarium it will fry them fast in the sun, doesnt even have to be hot outside.. Daughter got 3 littles ones for a few friends. it was cool out in june, she went to work came home and they were dead from the sun hitting them.

Updated with picture.  It is funny that they become attached. He will follow us around the house or yard.  

Tortoise itself was $120, habitat, lights and all that are around $150.  We have some dirt and supplies as well to get a new owner started.  Holler if interested.   

• Like 1