452b264

Red flag laws

She probably has no idea how much some of  us spend on our guns :)

“I think we should ban assault weapons as well as large magazines, and as part of passing that ban, do a buyback program across the country so that those who own them can be … compensated for their money that they spent,” Gillibrand explained.

34 minutes ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

“I think we should ban assault weapons as well as large magazines, and as part of passing that ban, do a buyback program across the country so that those who own them can be … compensated for their money that they spent,” Gillibrand explained.

Yup this would make repreations seem cheap, I know I sure would walk off with a fair chunk of change 

• Like 2

No robust due process  then no support for this kind of legislation. If they enact any old slip shod BS good luck getting it fixed.

2 hours ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

Buy back what?? The guns were never there's to begin with :angry:

• Like 2

When I listen to some of our law makers I often wonder if they to should be put on the prohibited person list ( NOT ELIGIBLE FOR REPRODUCTION) 

Murdock v. Pennsylvania, 319 U.S. 105 (1943) "No State shall convert a liberty into a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefore." Sherar v. Cullen, 481 F. 946: "There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of this exercise of constitutional rights."

SHUTTLESWORTH V. CITY OF BIRMINGHAM, 373 U. S. 262 (1963): "If the State converts a right (liberty) into a privilege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right (liberty) with impunity."

Miller v. United States, 230 F.2d 486 (5th Cir. 1956); "The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime."

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 452b264 said:

When I listen to some of our law makers I often wonder if they to should be put on the prohibited person list ( NOT ELIGIBLE FOR REPRODUCTION) 

Murdock v. Pennsylvania, 319 U.S. 105 (1943) "No State shall convert a liberty into a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefore." Sherar v. Cullen, 481 F. 946: "There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of this exercise of constitutional rights."

SHUTTLESWORTH V. CITY OF BIRMINGHAM, 373 U. S. 262 (1963): "If the State converts a right (liberty) into a privilege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right (liberty) with impunity."

Miller v. United States, 230 F.2d 486 (5th Cir. 1956); "The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime."

Aren't there background checks right now on firearms purchased at FFl's?

1 minute ago, HuntHarder said:

Aren't there background checks right now on firearms purchased at FFl's?

Yes there is. Contained within the half a dozen pages of the universal back round check law (its the same one thats been vetoed twice ) Picture you and a family member out hunting birds and their shotgun goes down so you loan them your extra shotgun, as soon as you had it to them you both just became felons. Your at the shooting range to teach your family member how to shoot and hand them your 22, you both became felons. They want to end gun ownership, this is the same type laws they use in NY, NJ and california.

I grew up in a very rural area of northern California, I could walk out on the front porch and shoot my deer rifle  as long as I wanted to.   About three decades ago I could drive through town with 6920 in the gun rack of my truck, pass the sheriff and just get a wave, today you will get pulled over and slammed to the ground and arrested. My point is dont think it cant or wont happen here, there are a lot of people moving here from both the east and west coast and they arent gun owners. Over half of our state representatives are democrats.  5 to 4 at the moment.

• Like 2

Not saying I am in favor of the new law by any stretch.  I agree, this state is now purple and slowly transitioning to blue.  It is sad to see. I do, however, think something needs to be done and I do not have the answer.  Mental health is a very, very tough thing to enact laws to try and curb.  Not sure it is possible, but looking at different options never hurts.

28 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

Not saying I am in favor of the new law by any stretch.  I agree, this state is now purple and slowly transitioning to blue.  It is sad to see. I do, however, think something needs to be done and I do not have the answer.  Mental health is a very, very tough thing to enact laws to try and curb.  Not sure it is possible, but looking at different options never hurts.

Laws are not the answer unless they target the criminal. If they take away one tool the wacko will just get another tool. The democrats wont stop with just semi auto rifles, it will be your shotguns and handguns. They will word into the law making everyone think its only "assault rifles" and we will lose.  Take a look at all the shootings and gang activity in california, chicago, ny, nj gun control dosent work they have very strict gun laws. As for the red flag laws they are their new tool to end gun ownership thats why none of them have any due process. California's new red flag law allows your boss to turn you in.

They offer free tuition, health care but dont publicly state how they will pay for it? Can you imagine the VA health care system with an extra 320 million people added to it? I watched the words leave  cortezs mouth "we need a 70% tax base".   They cant control an armed society.

• Like 1

I used to think the dems were all about just banning AR type rifles and magazines.  I know there's debate they want them all banned but I always try to be careful with hype.  While I'm not on twitter and never look at anything except ADOT once in a while, but I do read the news and noticed in the war on guns, dems are all in.  Twitter posts often make the news.  Two examples are the recent hashtags on Walmart banning gun sales, and CA gun laws.  In the case of Walmart, the dems were mum on their side crowing about banning the very guns they say are not part of the fight.  Guns like Henry Golden Boy and Mossberg shotguns.  They love to talk common sense, where's the common sense there?  No problem criticizing the right, but when the pro 2A dems hear a hair brain idea like banning the less violent guns, it's not worth tweeting about.  California has laws that are totally unreasonable.  I could make a list, but it's worth looking into.  Again, no tweet about being fair and reasonable.  The attitude is like "yeah get them".