Sign in to follow this  
jdown

Layke Industries AR

Well this is kind of a classified add - I have a buddy who won a Layke Industry AR and is now looking to sell. I see their site and few on a 3rd party site for sale, but I haven't talked to anyone that has heard of them.  I'm trying to help him with value of the gun ( I see what it sells for) but hard to get value for something nobody knows about plus he isn't one just to throw up on a broker site.  Is there anyone that happens to know much about them and desirability?  Great looking machine work on the receiver, kind of an unusual laminate wood stock however. 

Thanks in advance

IMG_3017.jpg

IMG_3018.jpg

Used to go by Layke Tactical...not sure if they did a name change. They are primarily an Aerospace shop and got into Firearms a little while back. Pretty sure the Son of the owner is taking the company over.  If I am not mistaken they were first making their own triggers and trying to be the first to the market with the wood stock and rail. Not a huge company so not many people know of their AR's. I wouldn't know pricing on the rifle but I did sell them their cnc machines and EDM's and they are quality machines that are cutting their parts. 

I have owned 1 and it was a nice e firearm. The laminate stock is on a predator model I believe? Longer heavy barrel? Did he win thru CHA I know Layke was sponsoring them and I think AES? 

Post some pics

I added some pics.  It looks like a quality made upper and lower and from my understand do some custom finishing with phosphorus coating and match grade triggers.  

I'm not sure where he won it, but can ask him.  From what I read they do well. 

He is interested in selling the package if anyone is interested let me know.  The closest comp I can find is rifle only for $1500, I think that is what he is asking with 800rnds of ammo, case, extra mags, red dot, case etc.... He did fire it once (I'm guessing about 200 rnds worth).  

• Like 1