Sign in to follow this  
Hgrimes

Mount Lemmon

Hey everyone - With archery season just around the corner for OTC I have a trip planned out to head up north and hunt for an extended weekend on weekend one. I go to school in Tucson and won't be able to make the trip back up north for the second weekend and was considering doing some hunting in Tucson. I want to stay away from the heat and so I was going to head up towards Mount Lemmon. My question is have you all seen coues or mule deer as high as the timberline at Mount Lemmon? If so, is it worth hunting up there or is it beyond crowded this time of year? Really appreciate any advice you all can pass on. Thanks!

I have only seen Coues' deer that high in the Mt Lemmon area.  While I usually don't hunt that high in 33, I'd certainly give it a shot if getting out of the heat was my goal.     

Expect to see a lot of people.  Not even counting all of the hunters

• Like 1

I don't typically like hunting 33 because of the number of people you run into, but I think that for a quick day hunt it might work. Would usually just hunt the oracle area since I know the landscape pretty well but hunting in 100-degree heat doesn't sound too appealing....