Sign in to follow this  
Black_Flag

Tikka T3x vs Bergara B14 HMR

I apologize for this type of thread since I know they appear often, but I’m a bit out of my element. 

I understand this is more of an apples to oranges type question, nonetheless this seems to be my conundrum.

Price here is not an issue as I’m blessed to have the contacts where I get either for about the same price. I am however looking to fill a western hunting rifle role with whatever I choose. I was pretty firm on the Tikka, but it’s been difficult to attain since the cartridge I desire hasn’t been in stock dang near anywhere. 

My concerns here is the weight and value. I’ve acquired a scope that’s already at approximately 2lbs, and the Bergara is 2.5 lbs or so more than the tikka. I may be splitting hairs and over complicating the issue, but I prefer to buy once and not go through what I consider the hassle of flipping a hunting rifle later on. Thanks in advance. 

I have yet to see any factory-produced rifle out shoot a Tikka. My one and only complaint with them is their short barrel lengths. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve heard good things about Bergara, but have never shot one. I have a Tikka heavy barrel in .308win and it flat out shoots! 

• Thanks 1

My sons first big game rifle was a Tikka Model 695 in 30-06 I got for him about 15 years ago and shoots well under MOA with factory ammo. I had a T3 Lite in 308 that also shot under MOA and the nice thing is you can adjust that trigger from underneath without removing the action from the stock.

I have only read of one instance where a person had problems with a Begara and that was on here a few years ago. You probably can't go wrong with either one.

• Thanks 1

I would go with Bergara Premier Stalker, if that's not in your budget the Tikka. I have a Bergara HMR Pro and it is hands down my best factory rifle, in 6.5C it shoots .35 MOA.

I have a bergara b14 ridge in 6.5C that easily shoots 5 shots under 1 MOA.  Super smooth action as well.  I know it's not the HMR but still an awesome shooting rifle.  I think the feel of the bergara as far as the stock goes it better as well.  You can't go wrong with either one.