Couzer

Nice Boar (skull update)

15 hours ago, Nikki.AWHounds said:

First dead bear I've seen that hasnt had elephant sized ears! Grats man. 

LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

LOL

Sadly it's true. This year has shocked me. Not so much the long range guys or the spot and stalk folks, it's the houndsmen this year. Part of why we use Hounds (or what we all say) is so you can properly identify sex, make sure sows are dry, and have the option to release if it isnt big. I've seen some "big name" hound guys letting people kill bears you could throw in a fanny pack. Sad. Defeats the purpose of having Hounds and makes everyone who drives a hound truck look the same to non hound hunters. I've released giants before, I dont care to kill them. Someday I might, I have hounds to watch them work. Sadly it's become a money game for too many people. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Nikki.AWHounds said:

This year has shocked me. Not so much the long range guys or the spot and stalk folks, it's the houndsmen this year. Part of why we use Hounds (or what we all say) is so you can properly identify sex, make sure sows are dry, and have the option to release if it isnt big. I've seen some "big name" hound guys letting people kill bears you could throw in a fanny pack. Sad. Defeats the purpose of having Hounds and makes everyone who drives a hound truck look the same to non hound hunters...  Sadly it's become a money game for too many people. 

This! but I don't want to derail this thread.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Nikki.AWHounds said:

Sadly it's true. This year has shocked me. Not so much the long range guys or the spot and stalk folks, it's the houndsmen this year. Part of why we use Hounds (or what we all say) is so you can properly identify sex, make sure sows are dry, and have the option to release if it isnt big. I've seen some "big name" hound guys letting people kill bears you could throw in a fanny pack. Sad. Defeats the purpose of having Hounds and makes everyone who drives a hound truck look the same to non hound hunters. I've released giants before, I dont care to kill them. Someday I might, I have hounds to watch them work. Sadly it's become a money game for too many people. 

I never considered someone would run them just for the sake, sport,beauty or just being part of the pack but now I get it. Thank You for that.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, PRDATR said:

I never considered someone would run them just for the sake, sport,beauty or just being part of the pack but now I get it. Thank You for that.

No worries. I get it, lots of folks think we are crazy for not killing them, but once I punch my tag, the dogs cant go anymore. So I keep chasing. Plus it's so awesome to tree the same bear year after year and watch them grow and change. 

• Like 1

Nice job Devan!!  You da man (again)

• Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 11:21 AM, Nikki.AWHounds said:

Your a true sportsman! 

• Like 2

Thanks guys, it was a lot of fun. I appreciate the good friends I have that I can call last minute and they drive up to help out. Few members on her like Keith and Brain, great guys. My bud Ryan was literally on his hands and needs looking for the trail, broken branches specs of blood. Literally there was only a few drops of blood for 10 yards then it completely disappeared. Finding the broken branches/twigs is what lead us to him. His hide soaked up most the blood, literally all of it. 

• Like 1