Sign in to follow this  
SunDevil

Which is a better

I was thinking the exact same thing the other day???

SunDevil,

I'd lean toward 27 based on density and the fact they are throughout the unit. Plus, for the most part it is more suited for glassing than much of the Burros.

Kevin

PS- How did your oryx hunt turn out?

I second for 27, never been to the burros tho, but I don't see how the burrows could be equal or better than 27, in 27 you could either get a whopper of a buck or nothing, I have never seen a spike or forkhorn in 27 but bucks in 80range or larger, their sheds are allover too up high and down low.

I am probably biased to the burros, just cause they are what I know. I am sure 27 is a wonderful unit, but the times I have been down there it seems like access to the public land is limited. You might have to deal with illegals, BP and rachers. Other than that I am sure it would be great.

Jeff

Both are great units it's like asking which unit is better for Elk 16A or 15. For rifle, 27 is like hunting AZ very open country, but there are access issues.

The majority of the Burro Mountains is dense cover great for bow hunting but if you know where the key glassing areas are it can be very successful. I also believe the Burros has more numbers.

hooked - you need to be a little more specific on this one.

the draw odds for unguided non-residents were .7% (2 tags out of 283 applicants).

the draw odds for guided non-residents were 25%.

I am not sure but I think you can thank good ole' USO for that one.

Neither......All the coues have been removed from those units.......

:P

Jeff

I heard that as well...... :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

hooked - you need to be a little more specific on this one.

the draw odds for unguided non-residents were .7% (2 tags out of 283 applicants).

the draw odds for guided non-residents were 25%.

I am not sure but I think you can thank good ole' USO for that one.

Devil,

Na, I think USO is really only responsible for hosing non residents in Arizona. NM's problems have come as a result of the outfitter welfare act. There were alot of outfitters involved in getting that in place. When the law changed the number of outfitters went up something like 400%.