Sign in to follow this  
AZBIG10

What’s on the menu?

For the most part I like cooking a head of time at home as well.  The last thing I usually wanna do after a long day of hiking/hunting is spend a bunch of time cooking at camp.  Much easier to just warm meals up in a microwave.  But we always grill some T bone steaks of the fire at some point.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

We don't cook in camp much, usually just day old Bologna samiches and a beer then crash

1A3BA3F1-EFF5-4E39-A01A-09B35CC1FA11.jpeg.193da3bdf8385cb5162874f53e62215a.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Wow! 1

I like to cook before hand at home and freeze in a vac seal bag. Throw bag in a pot of boiling water and bam, dinner is made. Have some pulled pork already made, some hatch 505 green chili with either bear or sheep meat (wasnt labeled) with potatoes. 

First night I always do a steak!

• Like 1

Cooking means cleaning, which I hate to do. I keep it simple stupid. Brats or game steaks cooked on a weenie roaster over the fire and soup in cans cooked over the fire. And of course five fingers of vodka. 

I'd love to have stuff premade just to warm up but always stay busy to the last possible moment before leaving, and almost never leave the time that I want to leave.

48 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Cooking means cleaning, which I hate to do. I keep it simple stupid. Brats or game steaks cooked on a weenie roaster over the fire and soup in cans cooked over the fire. And of course five fingers of vodka. 

I'd love to have stuff premade just to warm up but always stay busy to the last possible moment before leaving, and almost never leave the time that I want to leave.

I imagine you hate to cook, must be quite a chore having the brady bunch and partridge family camping and hunting! Y’all need a chuck wagon cook. I’m fat, hire me lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, muledeerarea33? said:

I imagine you hate to cook, must be quite a chore having the brady bunch and partridge family camping and hunting! Y’all need a chuck wagon cook. I’m fat, hire me lol.

Just call you Alice...and Sam the butcher will bring you the meat! LoL

• Haha 1

Like to grill a lot...less clean up that way. Steaks, brats, burgers...one of my buddies usually brings something premade from home, either chili or some sort of pasta to just heat up. 

We pre cook, lots of burritos, smoked trout and pulled pork and then there’s the evenings where I need a break and let the boys hunt and I stay and cook steaks. We did a roast in the Dutch oven buried with coals last year in Colorado and ate that for two days it was delicious!!

I can't believe how many people eat pasta out on a camp. And pre made dinners. I do pre made breakfast burros for breakfast. But enjoy cooking and drinking a few beers at dinner time. It's always either something cooked on the grill or in the dutch ovens.

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

My moms lasagna reheated and a handle of captain for dessert. But I usually hunt from my house. 

I would have guessed it was you mom's meatloaf.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, muledeerarea33? said:

True, I was referring to my hunts when mama ain't around to baby me. That's why I love the ADA youth hunts they feed all of us haha!