idgaf

when an average hunter gets a strip tag. In the field updates

19 hours ago, Delw said:

Dude that was so 2004. its 2018 I turned it into a Flower pot. ;) I do have my daughters jeep I just finished after a year though if that counts. too bad she wont be able to drive it now haha

I got rid of that 10-12 years ago, nothings in the back yard.

Its 2019.....

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

The average hunter I think would have been done after the first weekend. You need sponsors my dude. Savage right here. Hope he’s running the knife as we speak. Those river donkeys are big bodied sobs.

• Like 1

Big Lake  Jake Chill Out ,Dammn.  Ya its a Good post , Shut up . It isn't Yours  We will see the end . And if He doesn't Kill  We can all say He should have got an Outfitter. personalyy I would have .  Idid last year in the BaB . I knew nothin  about it and Hired Mr Adams. I am sure if I had the time  and I didn't I would have done it solo. Chit  happens as it turned out I was as sick as could be with a Cold And I shot last minute of first  Day and then slept in Duwanes tent with nyquil for 3 days.  I was Happy with this guy.  You never know what is gonna happen , Don't wast a tag that takes 20 years to draw.;.

IMG_0803 (4).JPG

• Like 2

9 hours ago, naturebob said:

Big Lake  Jake Chill Out ,Dammn.  Ya its a Good post , Shut up . It isn't Yours  We will see the end . And if He doesn't Kill  We can all say He should have got an Outfitter. personalyy I would have .  Idid last year in the BaB . I knew nothin  about it and Hired Mr Adams. I am sure if I had the time  and I didn't I would have done it solo. Chit  happens as it turned out I was as sick as could be with a Cold And I shot last minute of first  Day and then slept in Duwanes tent with nyquil for 3 days.  I was Happy with this guy.  You never know what is gonna happen , Don't wast a tag that takes 20 years to draw.;.

I respect him for trying this hunt without a guide, IMO he's seen as many big deer in person as you would see with most guides on this 13B hunt. Usually on the strip archery hunt if your lucky you might get one shot opportunity at a larger buck, and if you don't make it then your probably not going to fill your tag with the size of buck you were after. Remember most guides will only report their success stories, even this year I know of a guide with 5 plus clients in camp that have yet to fill their tags in 13B. Hopefully we will hear a success story from this hunt soon!

• Like 3

AZ420, who hasn’t tagged with 5 clients?  Didn’t know anyone up there that had that many.  What a phenomenal year to have a tag.  Wish IdGAF the best of luck as the season winds down.  We had 4 tags up there, killed 3 bucks 215-240 and the last guy stuck a 220+ in the shoulder.  The best year 13b will ever see.  

• Like 1

Hunter vs client .. ladies man vs jon... i preffer to have skills to achieve my goals. Not pay for results.  Great read cant wait to read the end result. Regardless of the outcome you have had an amazing adventure!

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, shooterpar said:

AZ420, who hasn’t tagged with 5 clients?  Didn’t know anyone up there that had that many.  What a phenomenal year to have a tag.  Wish IdGAF the best of luck as the season winds down.  We had 4 tags up there, killed 3 bucks 215-240 and the last guy stuck a 220+ in the shoulder.  The best year 13b will ever see.  

Sounds like a very successful hunt Congrats on your results! I don't feel it's my place to post the guides name on a public forum, as they have have had some success in the past on this hunt as well.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bonecollector said:

Im confident idgaf will tag a nice buck and it will be a great story to end this great thread. 

^^^+1

I dont care if he tags or not. He's hunting and thats what its all about, he aint buying a head as kevin had said in another post, Fred is actually hunting for better or worse and on top of that is nice enough to share pics of his trip. Even though I bet everyone up there that has a tag as well as guides are following him and this thread around like a puppy dog looking for a free scouting trip.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Delw said:

^^^+1

I dont care if he tags or not. He's hunting and thats what its all about, he aint buying a head as kevin had said in another post, Fred is actually hunting for better or worse and on top of that is nice enough to share pics of his trip. Even though I bet everyone up there that has a tag as well as guides are following him and this thread around like a puppy dog looking for a free scouting trip.

They wouldn’t do that would they?

5 minutes ago, wish2hunt said:

They wouldn’t do that would they?

NAW ;)

1 minute ago, AzDiamondHeat said:

Not anymore they're  not. He went ninja mode on them.   

1st thing I thought of when he posted the picture out of his truck window. Kinda felt bad for the guy if he was closer I would have loaned him my truck.

Sucks that there are vultures all over the place. live threads are the Ultimate e-scouting source for them.

This thread has been great.  I've been banking points for a bit but really didnt know what for. For the past couple years its been for 12a late rifle but this post had me seriously considering going this route instead. Its encouraging to know he got this tag with 9 points!

Since I'm running cams for my bison hunt depending on what I see deer wise I may just even cash in for 12a archery.  It's a magical place up there, can't wait to see Fred's final post.