idgaf

when an average hunter gets a strip tag. In the field updates

ok, nearly caught up with my 300 emails for the week I was gone from work.  Im keeping it sequential.  think of my last post as a Quinten Taratino movie where its not in order. 

Wednesday I go after the boss buck and sit in his bedding area for the day.  I find these guys in my first moments of glassing

4-1a.thumb.PNG.18df4379741ce646edd21c529dc435d7.PNG

My view for breakfast

4-2.thumb.PNG.b5b1dbfdd0e7df33cc402cbc24d3f5a9.PNG

I get to the top and get pinned by this guy at 25 yards.  Fortunately hes solo and doesnt care about me very much. 

4-3.thumb.PNG.7cea33ee29bb3183d9aeaef9aea3fdaa.PNG

I stay in the bedding area most of the day and the boss doesnt show up. I was working my way to the edge when another (or the same) sleeping buck is at 30 yards or so. 

4-4.PNG.563465ec6674a648f7254d5323661131.PNG

The evening I drive around a bit on black rock and decide I want to go after Matrix.  I head out and get about half way and guess what, I get another flat.  this one with side wall damage.  I spend the night on the side of the road and head back to see my new friend at Southern tire in St george. I learn that when they grade hwy 5 (big piece of dirt road it sharpens the rocks and the reason for the flats) They hook me up with a deal and I get back to dellenbaugh during a torrential downpour.  I wait it out.  I get to this one little field and I have a giant 4point at 40 yards from my truck.  I get out and he saunters off.  

The evening ends with me taking this pic.  note the rainbow. 

4-5.thumb.PNG.02dae3a0d6557318a2f11e3bef6178f6.PNG

I sleep at the turnoff to parashant and dellenbaugh that night.  Trying to figure which way I am going to go. 

• Like 6
  • Wow! 1

Friday

I got to where the California guide has been going with his new Mexico client at dawn. Beautiful place. Looked elky to me. I see three bucks , one shooter, and spend the morning catching up to no avail.  I spend midday going after matrix, no luck. Early afternoon I go to where I saw the first giant typical no luck, but I do find this. Sorry the field photos didn't take

IMG_20190909_162045.thumb.jpg.fcb61fc457fd9295bfe567e72f467538.jpg

I get lost on parashant and have no idea where I slept. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, idgaf said:

yep.  the major them of parashant. 

5-2.thumb.PNG.e74be942b9c6946bd6b2a4d26d7f702a.PNG

To be honest, this makes me wish AZGFD would ban trail cams.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Saturday crunch time.  I decide to go back to dellenbaugh from parashant and go after matrix again.  My plans get altered when I see this guy feeding 100 yards off the road.  

(im having to trim the pics so the can fit, Quality defiantly isnt as good)

6-3.thumb.PNG.de032b6f62ae888f7c92fadcd50972c1.PNG

They bounce left and then right.  I trail and get to 70 yards the bounce across the field  and I watch them settle down in some pines.  

6-4.PNG.0c4024bb997e8c501d19ae22835374c7.PNG

6-5.PNG.86213de2409c5a0b98fd6d592b1731ef.PNG

I do an epic stock and spend an hour within 65 yards waiting.  the two crappy little bucks get to 50 yards and go back.  the wind is starting to get unstable.  A yellow jacket lands on my glasses and various parts of my body.  it eventually bites my left calve.  I cry without making a noise.  then a honey bee lands on me (i am moderately alergic) it drinks the tears from my eye and I believe her or his friend stings me through my right sock.  I am more determined than ever.  the stupid little guys are 90 degrees to my right, the big guy is straight ahead.  The wind shifts and they bolt.    I yell a bad word that would be edited if I wrote it.  I go after Matrix again and the bee sting kicks in and I fall asleep for a bit.  

Saturday evening I go back to california's spot and have a 180 class buck at 61 yards and decide that I still have time to find a big buck.  

• Like 4
  • Wow! 2

3 minutes ago, CouesPursuit said:

I'm so glad I'm getting the finale live, great stuff man!

writing the conclusion now.  It was a busy day, so a lot of detail. 

I have always read if you get a 13B tag you could shoot the Buck of a lifetime but Don’t expect to see a lot of Deer.

looks like you are seeing all kinds of Deer including many Bucks.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, idgaf said:

writing the conclusion now.  It was a busy day, so a lot of detail. 

no dude wait till the season closes on Thursday it would be better that way  ;)

9 minutes ago, oilcan said:

I have always read if you get a 13B tag you could shoot the Buck of a lifetime but Don’t expect to see a lot of Deer.

i grew up reading the same thing, i was obviously getting sandbagged.