idgaf

when an average hunter gets a strip tag. In the field updates

Just now, idgaf said:

Ok per Delw request, I holdout till thursday so everybody can keep there mind on elk. 

LMAO, guess I better not go out in public then .

10 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

i grew up reading the same thing, i was obviously getting sandbagged. 

That's also what I heard. 

Looking forward to reading the conclusion.  And for everyone asking about the deer density, he hunted the two places with the highest deer density on 13b.  Go anywhere else and it gets tough to turn bucks.  Not saying it’s a bad thing because we hunt the same stuff from time to time.  Just saying Black Rock and Dellenbaugh have a ton of deer.  

Now back to the show!  

We always so more deer during archery season and early rifle than late hunts. if it was a hot summer you would see lots of deer. units 13A&B 12A&B

Elk are for kids and women....like Javelina and dove

oh crap....did I say that out loud?

How do you delete?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JSR said:

Elk are for kids and women....like Javelina and dove

oh crap....did I say that out loud?

How do you delete?

No worries some Susan will be along to  delete it soon enough, looking forward to the read love big mullies ... 

Hey I am good right here just knowing someone else has crappy luck with wasps and bees. 👍 I actually felt relief reading about the stings, SORRY. :] Ask anybody who has hunted with me they know if I am there they are safe. 🤣

24 minutes ago, shooterpar said:

Looking forward to reading the conclusion.  And for everyone asking about the deer density, he hunted the two places with the highest deer density on 13b.  Go anywhere else and it gets tough to turn bucks.  Not saying it’s a bad thing because we hunt the same stuff from time to time.  Just saying Black Rock and Dellenbaugh have a ton of deer.  

Now back to the show!  

Thanks for filling us in. Now delete that schitt!

• Like 2

I have my bull tag. Sucks I only used one bp. Guess im hanging with the kids women folk.

Its cool this allows me to stay at work longer and run some parts that are hot.. kinda breaks the manotny so to speak. longer he holds ut the more parts I get  finished tonight

Last Day! My vacation is burnt (and so am I)  I havent had a shower in ten days, ran out of wipes four days ago and underwear three days ago.  Including my Bison hunt I have spent 43 days north of the canyon  this year and honestly am a little tired of hunting.  That being said I am still committed to taking a buck that takes my breath away when I see it. I have taken very good animals throughout the state and am committed to that next level.  I go to the the Supped up Geo Trackers spot and nothing.  I go through the fields with the typicals and I see nothing.  the guy that was camped there flagged me down and lets me know he hit one of the typicals in the hind leg and broke it. I help him look a bit, wish him well,  I have a game plan I am going to glass some spots on my way back to black rock, hunt the top in the middle of the day, go to the pretty bucks area at sulivan in the evening and head out at dark.  driving the 8 hours to my house after legal shooting lite.  I drive a bit down the road and see these guys putting on a show a twenty yards away.

7-2.PNG.bee8e22039749e76a4130df97ef35592.PNG

7-3.PNG.37b36adb0c05a1905ba32226c33a39cc.PNG

74.PNG.c6319d8c863212fb8a72aa6062ea0598.PNG

7-5.thumb.PNG.09326ebd4472042b7e8e5f52de09d0a2.PNG

I start heading towards black rock and try to glass where one of the professionals was set up earlier in the hunt.  the wind is rocking and I cant keep my tripod still so I go directly to black rock.  I am the only one on the mountain and I head to where I think their bedding area is (between the tower and the house) I get about half way and I spot a dink buck looking at me, then I see the big 3.  I figure last day, he will work. 

7-6.PNG.fad6457554839d3ddaca3e3b659ce90b.PNG

7-7.thumb.PNG.b9fe182322079d5b793eeb11325d3706.PNG

7-8.PNG.f81f9f46babb1144ce5509e4de1905bc.PNG

I take these pictures at 76 yards and with my past history with him I feel I can get closer.  I get to 65 yards... conclusion on the next post.  this one is getting cluttered. 

• Like 3
  • Wow! 1