idgaf

when an average hunter gets a strip tag. In the field updates

8 minutes ago, idgaf said:

I havent had a shower in ten days, ran out of wipes four days ago and underwear three days ago. 

Dude shower are for women and kids, you should have gone NINJA Comando

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, idgaf said:

I did

You by chance werent wearing a Santa hat were you?

I took a buddy from out of state and dropped him off for the week to hunt up in 22, a week later wife and I go to pick him up and as we were leaving 5 miles from the main hyway there was a guy camping in the snow butt a ss nekid only wearing a santa hat waving to us.

4 minutes ago, Delw said:

You by chance werent wearing a Santa hat were you?

I took a buddy from out of state and dropped him off for the week to hunt up in 22, a week later wife and I go to pick him up and as we were leaving 5 miles from the main hyway there was a guy camping in the snow butt a ss nekid only wearing a santa hat waving to us.

what appendage was he waiving with?

2 minutes ago, idgaf said:

what appendage was he waiving with?

Wife said it was hard to see as he had the shrivel factor going on pretty good, I was laughing so hard I almost ended up off the road in the snow. shes yelling stop stop

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well I got my 14 hours in I am heading home. I'll caqtch the end of this in a few.

idgaf awsum thread so far thanks.

• Like 1

I get 65 yards, close enough for a shot.  then one of the little MFer's that was with him got nervous and bounced.  I keep with it and get within 50 yards of the main group (6 bucks) with the big 3 15 yards back.  They finally had enough of my shenanigans and busted down the mountain. I watch them and follow I get within 100 yards of the main group again and I do not see the big 3.  they go to the west and north.  I catch up find all of the bucks but the big 3.  I play tag with them for the next hour and he never shows up.  I stop and have lunch and think wait a second I never got to the top and none of the other bigger bucks showed there head.  I start climbing that hill again. I have about 5 hours left of hunting and Im still committed to that next level buck. 

these little guys were trying to tempt me on the way up. 

7-9.PNG.f1316395fbf8f1503e03ddaf89c95cbc.PNG

I get to what I think the bedding area is and nothing.  I am on the road to the residence and decide to take the road back down.  I get a few hundred down the road and I see this little guy

7-10.PNG.980dce775b926ad7768c96d0cf14ea96.PNG

I figure its the three little bucks I seen a few days ago  and dont give it to much credit.  Than I see this.

7-11.PNG.d043c034d0c7ba36ca935be21f3e7c95.PNG

This got my attention.  I start looking harder when heads started popping out of the oak brush like whack-a-mole.

7-12.thumb.PNG.5f27830217f6e991ab573813ef49b01e.PNG

Now think back to the first page of this post, when we deciding between monica or rachel - typical or non-typical- (lee if your reading this ginger or maryann)  That typical is monica and under the tree 101 yards from me.  There is an opening of about twenty yards that doesnt allow me to make a direct stalk.  I am sitting there planning my next move when the wind shifts and they get a solid wiff of my unbathed butt. they move to the west and I parallel them on the road.  

7-13.thumb.PNG.9b1513a27ffe0d750aa9f061b4dbb373.PNG

they settle just to left of the field on the picture.  I watch them mill around and start to bed. I get off the (closed to vehicles) road and make my move. I see where Monica beds and alter my stock to get into range of him/her.

7-14.PNG.37749342b4d56f1bc67d81bde4c98736.PNG

7-15.PNG.1894bb08d8dbce4efa66fc88818f53a7.PNG

Pretty easy to cut 50 yards off I am now 45 yards away.  One of the little MFer's catches my movement and the herd stands.   Monica is open and broadside.  I range once and I dont want to mistake twice like I did with my first miss.  I release.  Decided to build the suspense..  conclusion on the next post. 

• Like 3
  • Wow! 1

I did get a year older on this Post! went from 62 to 63 last Friday. Seems like a whole year waiting for the finale.  Hope  its a good one...........BOB!

• Like 3

Heck ya man, wife is yelling me to get off my phone, nope 👎 I’m reading something important 

• Like 2

Roseanne or Jackie?  one is way, way non-typical....

lee

no shortage of hornage in this thread.  the Tines Up boys always wanted to know why i ignored the strip 'cuz of distance.  now i know i'm the idiot.

• Like 1