idgaf

when an average hunter gets a strip tag. In the field updates

After ranging twice I settle my 3rd pin (sighted exactly in at 45 yards) on him and I release.  I hear the thump of a hit.  I notice a smaller buck running along side monica as chaos breaks loose, like I tried to assassinate the president.  Bucks are running everywhere.  I keep an eye on monica making sure I dont lose site knowing he/she will go down any second.  I go to where I shot and look for my arrow. Nothing. no blood.  I go to where I last see them and find a piled up deer and say to myself finally.  I look at the horns and go where is the rest of it. For a fleeting second I wont lie to you and say I didnt consider going after the big buck.  Apparently when I ranged the second time and the seconds it took to reaquire the target the little guy stepped in front of his dad enough to take an arrow to the face.  

I sat there reminiscing over the past couple of weeks. the bucks I missed, passed and seen and just laughed.  Here is my monster strip buck.  Hope you guys enjoyed the ride.  the ending wasnt what I expecting either.  

7-16.thumb.PNG.2fc1845fdd076c39f80a78c145a10de0.PNG

• Like 18
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Great Buck! 1
  • Wow! 5

20 minutes ago, Delw said:

Idgaf

Are you saying your hunting transgender deer? Well It is in the back country anything could happen. ;)

Hey man I dont judge. 

The first Javelina I saw die was similar to this, between the time the arrow left my buddies bow and it making it to the big pig, a little oinker stepped out and took an arrow to the noggin, game over quick. My buddy was super pissed, makes for a good story.  Great thread and good job, should eat good.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

This is and was a great thread!  Congratulations on getting a deer.  Sorry it's not what you wanted, but all the great memories will last longer than the head anyway!!!

• Like 6

Very entertaining i have gone through 3 bags of pop corn and a 18 pack congrats

• Like 1

Amazing write up and pictures! Thank you for letting me be right there during your hunt... Like the rest of the regulars I have been checking in as much as possible for updates. Kinda want to start putting my points to that hunt and see if I could get it done with my longbow. Anyway that was fun thanks for the ride and any animal taken up there is a blessing congrats on two great animals this year!

15 minutes ago, idgaf said:

After ranging twice I settle my 3rd pin (sighted exactly in at 45 yards) on him and I release.  I hear the thump of a hit.  I notice a smaller buck running along side monica as chaos breaks loose, like I tried to assassinate the president.  Bucks are running everywhere.  I keep an eye on monica making sure I dont lose site knowing he/she will go down any second.  I go to where I shot and look for my arrow. Nothing. no blood.  I go to where I last see them and find a piled up deer and say to myself finally.  I look at the horns and go where is the rest of it. For a fleeting second I wont lie to you and say I didnt consider going after the big buck.  Apparently when I ranged the second time and the seconds it took to reaquire the target the little guy stepped in front of his dad enough to take an arrow to the face.  

I sat there reminiscing over the past couple of weeks. the bucks I missed, passed and seen and just laughed.  Here is my monster strip buck.  Hope you guys enjoyed the ride.  the ending wasnt what I expecting either.  

7-16.thumb.PNG.2fc1845fdd076c39f80a78c145a10de0.PNG

Right in the face "IN the face" quote some movie I saw was funny as crap.

heres my take on it, you had a heck of a time and saw a ton of deer both big and small. you hunted hard which is more then most guys will get to do in a lifetime. killing a buck big or small has nothing on what you did and Saw. I have more fun getting out seeing a ton of game then I do shooting them more memories too. BUT dang you got some awsum pics in this thread and found a few dead heads as well what more could a guy want.

Congrats on your hunt I thought it was freaking awsum

• Like 5