idgaf

when an average hunter gets a strip tag. In the field updates

Thanks for the post. I would never have the patience to take the Pics and write it all up like You did.  Honor to You It all happens for a reason thanks ....BOB!

• Like 2

Thank you for allowing us to be with you on your journey. And you lasted longer than I ever would have! I’m the kind of guy who would purposely shoot that buck and smile like crazy cause I love to get my hands bloody! Heck of trip and again thank you!

1 hour ago, idgaf said:

what appendage was he waiving with?

Right on! You sure ended up with a truck bed full of antlers. Crazy timing the younger buck had  and most of us know that crap happens and be glad it was a buck not a doe. :) so it was not a toad but I bet you will anticipate the next trip may it be yours or with a friend. 👍 Conrats!

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 5:21 PM, lancetkenyon said:

To be honest, this makes me wish AZGFD would ban trail cams.

Lance I agree with you in banning them, those trail cams are a nuisance.

idgaf, thanks for the write up and I enjoyed reading it. Nice buck!

2 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Since you got a freezer full of beefalo if you want to get rid of that buck I’ll pick it up Friday 

My wife got an elk last month too. I had to scrape space together for the deer. I also have a late archery bull tag

• Wow! 1

Awesome thread...my favorite in a long time. Congrats on the buck and what sounds like an amazing experience. Thanks for sharing it with us...especially the surprise ending. 

34 minutes ago, Delw said:

I wanna see more pics of those deadheads that one closest to the tail gate looks wicked

IMG_20190909_210826.thumb.jpg.07f0a506c765cc28d31080377c725de8.jpgIMG_20190909_210835.thumb.jpg.c6c3a5fcb3fe7166d272a7552bc584a7.jpgIMG_20190909_211910.thumb.jpg.c5e2215edbf0d7d14b10e28edc39491f.jpg

• Like 5
  • Wow! 1

So what other critters did you see up there. did you see any lions(other than the cam one)? lots of yotes" Rams? 

Oh yeah I am sure you saw those big butt jackrabbit that are up on the rim and tons of them probably too. some of the biggest jacks I ever seen were up there. Kid spent all day on one of our scouting trips shooting and chasing jacks in 12b about 8 years ago. driving down the dirt roads in the dark night and in early am hundreds of them.

did you see all the fossils embedded in the rocks up there? (little shirmps and shells fossils were everywhere.) Back in the 80s wife and I used to go up all the time( the entire north rim). weeks at a time, just driving around. she always had me stop at all the old dump sites we came across. she found some cool old stuff, cans bottles lots of wood stuff old casters even found and old bed frame she wanted to haul back to town for her mom. I had no clue what it was for but she knew.

It can happen to the best of us.  I drew the Kaibab a few years ago and watched three bucks coming across the ridge across from me.  The second buck was a great buck.  When they finally popped out of the brush directly across from me I shot the second buck and it turned out that it had changed positions with another buck.  Needless to say I shot a much smaller buck.  That is hunting.  Congrats on an outstanding hunt.  This was the best thread I have followed in a long time.

• Like 1