idgaf

when an average hunter gets a strip tag. In the field updates

Awesome post I followed from day one! Congrats on a successful hunt & like other have said you have all the memories!!

Honestly this has been a great post to follow loved seeing all your pictures. As a Non-Res with just shy of max points I have planned on hunting 12AW late but after reading this even though it’s a long shot to draw I may consider putting in for the 13B Archery.

Excellent thread, great read, and amazing hunt. Thanks for sharing and congrats, you may not have gotten the B&C you were hoping for, but you sure do have the story and experience to share. Well done sir 

1 hour ago, oilcan said:

Honestly this has been a great post to follow loved seeing all your pictures. As a Non-Res with just shy of max points I have planned on hunting 12AW late but after reading this even though it’s a long shot to draw I may consider putting in for the 13B Archery.

Dont over look 12aw its just as good as 13 for the early archery hunts if you stay very west in the sage /junipers and small pine thickets. too many people get hung up in hunting in the tall pines. dont get me wrong great deer in the main forest in the center of the unit but theres a ton of people.

when it was OTC archery we might see 1-2 trucks all hunting season and those guys were generally scouting for rifle tags. I never missed a archery 12awest season since 82 when it was otc. always had a ton of fun and saw quality deer, I just sucked at archery back then.

• Like 3

So instead of Rachel or Monica you ended up with the homely waitress who closed down the bar? It’s happened to all of us.

Seriously that’s a tough pill to swallow, I did the same thing on a Wyoming antelope hunt and fortunately I had good buddies who helped me do the right thing because my first inclination was to keep hunting. Good on you for doing it right from start to finish.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Congrats on a great hunt! I see why you got all those flats. You neeed a tire sponsor or a pit crew. lol! 

That is a truely succesful hunt.  Might not have had the final outcome you wanted, but a filled tag on the last day with all that effort is a blessing.  

Way to stick with it, enjoy the venison, and thanks for the journey.

You got a lot more out of that hunt than a guy that hired a guide and smashed one on the first day thats for sure.  No shame in hunting hard like you did.  I also really appreciate you doing it semi live on here for sure!

• Like 3

This is the best thread and story on here in a long time. Congrats on going the distance, and thank you for sharing it with us. Awesome stuff.

Wow, what an epic thread.    Baring your sole to this crowd can be brave and I enjoyed all the updates.  Can't wait to hear about your elk hunt!!

Edited by bigbuckfever
after reading it I decided it felt like I was hi-jacking his thread, so I removed that part

On 9/8/2019 at 7:19 PM, idgaf said:

Well that took a plot twist I wasnt expecting.  long butt drive to show low tonight. 

7-1.thumb.PNG.df2f4d4274160432e0d75b49c13ae967.PNG

Am I the only one who wants an explanation for this picture? I mean you obviously didn't waste any meat with the shot........but this picture conjured up power lines, lions, bears and all sorts of predictions with even Houston being contacted :)

This thread is what CWT is about.................thanks so much for sharing your hunt with all of us!!!