idgaf

when an average hunter gets a strip tag. In the field updates

4 minutes ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

Am I the only one who wants an explanation for this picture? I mean you obviously didn't waste any meat with the shot........but this picture conjured up power lines, lions, bears and all sorts of predictions with even Houston being contacted :)

This thread is what CWT is about.................thanks so much for sharing your hunt with all of us!!! 

I was passive aggressively doing the gutless method. It was less than an hour after shooting the little guy in the face and the picture shows the unexpected outcome of the journey

• Like 1

1 minute ago, idgaf said:

I was passive aggressively doing the gutless method. It was less than an hour after shooting the little guy in the face and the picture shows the unexpected outcome of the journey

Your story was very inspiring and made me want to be a better hunter................great job!!!

• Like 1

Congrats on a successful hunt.  Not the ending you wanted but still a helluva hunt!  

Dont feel bad about that forky, he’s about 4x bigger than the baby spike I shot this year. ;)

Just curious.... Your buck you tagged looks kind of hard horned. Most, if not all bucks in your pictures looked to be in velvet. Did you see any hard horned bucks?

4 minutes ago, DUG said:

Just curious.... Your buck you tagged looks kind of hard horned. Most, if not all bucks in your pictures looked to be in velvet. Did you see any hard horned bucks?

I notice on the strip, they start stripping the velvet around sept 1.  Monica was hard horned.  the pretty buck was hard horned a week after I passed him up. 

• Like 1

Great story, loved following along with pictures and all. This thread makes all others look pale in comparison. Thanks for sharing. I know some will say hey your giving up too much information on spots and all but it made for a great read, I loved following along for the ride.

Congrats Fred!! I know not the buck you wanted but a great story!  BTW this thread should be titled "when an average Hunter gets a strip tag and drags it out like any Instagram ______" :) jk great write up

• Haha 1

Well man that is hunting. Congrats on filling your tag though and its commendable you did the right thing.  

7 hours ago, WHT_MTNMAN said:

Congrats Fred!! I know not the buck you wanted but a great story!  BTW this thread should be titled "when an average Hunter gets a strip tag and drags it out like any Instagram ______" :) jk great write up

Drags it out and shoots a forkhorn in the face.  Houstan my  friend, this was definitely long form story telling. I don't excercise so I  can't do an Instagram story. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, idgaf said:

Drags it out and shoots a forkhorn in the face.  Houstan my  friend, this was definitely long form story telling. I don't excercise so I  can't do an Instagram story. Lol

Got any more pics you can post? I got till Thursday at 1pm(mail comes) before I start getting letters again from my daughter in Basic and I am f'n bored. Between her letters and your thread I never followed anything so much.

8 hours ago, Delw said:

Got any more pics you can post? I got till Thursday at 1pm(mail comes) before I start getting letters again from my daughter in Basic and I am f'n bored. Between her letters and your thread I never followed anything so much.

Actually I took a ton of pics not posted. But this one is funny. This my brother refining his trail camera dance party moves. Apologies to Tony Brock. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Wow! 1