Sign in to follow this  
oz31p

Dove flight northern Arizona(parks area)

I’ll be on a huge family camping trip during opening weekend some where near Parks/6-8 miles north on spring valley rd area.

Is it worth it to take my daughter out Sunday morning some where in that area? 

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, BusterAZ said:

Do you know of any farms in the area? I don’t think the forest holds too many doves.

Not really. The north edge of 7 is out of the forest and into plains. 

2 minutes ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

Best bet is to find a sunflower patch near water. I have yet to find a good spot up here. It's hard to kill more than a few each day. 

Is there any water left at this point?? 

7 minutes ago, oz31p said:

Is there any water left at this point?? 

Nope! I was up there this weekend. Spent some time in and around the Flagstaff area. Tanks are dry!

Not really. But to be honest, I wasn’t actively looking for them.  I’ll be staying down here for dove tho. Haha 

• Like 1

A little ways from Parks, but i recently saw a decent flight of doves west of Paulden.  There's some small ag fields out there.  Can't vouch for whether they allow access.

16 minutes ago, WhtMtnHunter said:

A little ways from Parks, but i recently saw a decent flight of doves west of Paulden.  There's some small ag fields out there.  Can't vouch for whether they allow access.

That’s a start. Thank you

Your best bet is to drive around. They will fly if near a road. I've seen doves in 7 but it's hard to pinpoint a spot they like. Any tank with water should have some nearby but it sounds like those are scarce right now. Sunflower patches attract them but since it's hardly rained those might be hard to find. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DUG said:

Your best bet is to drive around. They will fly if near a road. I've seen doves in 7 but it's hard to pinpoint a spot they like. Any tank with water should have some nearby but it sounds like those are scarce right now. Sunflower patches attract them but since it's hardly rained those might be hard to find. Good luck!

There are lots of sunflowers right now. 

34 minutes ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

There are lots of sunflowers right now. 

Sun flowers pop up in the more open areas right?

4 hours ago, oz31p said:

Sun flowers pop up in the more open areas right?

I think they are mostly in open areas that had lots of moisture. The only place I have had any luck up here is sitting in a big open sunflower patch.